Stihl 038????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fettlst

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi, ive searched for 038 and i am still confused. How many different 038 are there? ive seen info on an 038, 038AV,038AVS, 038 Farmboss, 038 super, 038 super 2, 038 magnum, 038 magnum 2. ive seen 3 different sizes. 48mm, 50mm, 52mm. Whats the deal on the 038? Pics would be helpfull also. Thanks

Hi, ive searched for 038 and i am still confused. How many different 038 are there? ive seen info on an 038, 038AV,038AVS, 038 Farmboss, 038 super, 038 super 2, 038 magnum, 038 magnum 2. ive seen 3 different sizes. 48mm, 50mm, 52mm. Whats the deal on the 038? Pics would be helpfull also. Thanks

Welcome to my nightmare! LOL

I'm sure someone will put me in my place, if I am wrong. I have been looking at this lately, as I have found an 038 Super. It looks like if it says Super anywhere on the tag, it is 50mm. If it says Magnum anywhere on the tag, it is 52mm. The others are "straight" 038, and 48mm.

Mine was missing all the plastic, but i did get the cylinder and its 50mm. Thanks for the info so far.

I'm sure someone will put me in my place, if I am wrong. I have been looking at this lately, as I have found an 038 Super. It looks like if it says Super anywhere on the tag, it is 50mm. If it says Magnum anywhere on the tag, it is 52mm. The others are "straight" 038, and 48mm.
+1, but I think farmboss=super as well
I'm hanging out for a (german) magnum. Something I'm yet to confirm - when did they start making them in brazil? I know the MS380 and MS381 are made there, and from what I can gather the 038MII (magnum 2) is as well. But the 038M (magnum 1) is german. Can someone confirm this?

I recently picked up a 038 AV Magnum (72cc) and absolutely love it. I live in Japan and this model was sold on the Japanese market. The plate on the brake lever has everything written in Japanese. Anyway, it is my first "big" chainsaw and i'm really enjoying the torque!DSC_0092.JPG

Hi, one of the best saws I have ever owned and possibly one of the best saws Stihl ever made!
I have spent hours, days, months and years cutting with one of these, reliable powerful and tough!
You may want to retrofit a Stihl elastostart pull cord as they are strong in the compression department!!
Nice looking saw, well done!

Hi, one of the best saws I have ever owned and possibly one of the best saws Stihl ever made!
I have spent hours, days, months and years cutting with one of these, reliable powerful and tough!
You may want to retrofit a Stihl elastostart pull cord as they are strong in the compression department!!
Nice looking saw, well done!
I never should have sold mine. It ran flawlessly on the day I shipped it out:
Stihl 038_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back