Stihl 039 New Short block break-in

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petersenj20

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Loaned the saw to a buddy and it came back with the cylinder burnt up, chain installed backwards, and looks like they been cutting concrete.

I just installed the short block today. Weird design with the bar bolt into the block.

How do I break-in a new cylinder? Not much luck on a search.

I'm assuming this is an aftermarket 039 block, is that correct?:msp_confused:

Let us know how the installation goes, if there is any quality issues, how it holds up over time.
I'm just curious to see if the quality has improved or not...

Last edited:
FYI: I had a 039 traded to me that had a bad crank and a starting to seize the piston. After looking into buying parts and supplyes needed I seen Baileys offered a complete short block...It was a no brainer for the price. Put the saw back togather set it rich and cut wood. The saw ran like a champ! I was inpressed with Baileys Kit...worth looking into. Three months in, dailey use and still going strong. I did do a MM on it since it was highly constipated and needed help. I feel this saw now is close to a 365 Husky I have in power. I know it's not a pro saw but power is respectible.

Help! :/

I have a stihl 039 my oiler was working and then it just isn't oiling! I don't know how to properly clean the oiler and how do i know if the oiler needs to be replaced?

Back