Stihl 041 AV WORKSHOP MANUAL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmbez

Reaction score
Hi All

Need help with STIHL 041AV CHAINSAW. Has anyone got A Manual in pdf

Thanks in advance

emmbez

Hi, I found this thread by googling around searching for info about the same saw...

I also have an old 041AV that needs to get back fit, and all I've found is a german bad quality manual...
Dibbs, could you please be so kind and send it also to me? I'll be really thankful about it...
My father bought this CS used about 30 years ago when he lived in germany, and even if now it needs some repair due to it's age, it's a great machine... Dad will NEVER throw it away and buy a new one! It's part of the family, and he wants me to mend it...
We used it also in the last days and except for some carburation problems and some power "holes" it still works really fine... the main problem is it seems to overheat and wont start againe once hot... I think it's time to disassemble it completely for a new "make up" ;-)

Thank you in advance

Greetings from Italy!

need Stihl 041 repair manual

I too am looking for a repair manual for a Stihl 041 saw. I bought this saw at an auction sale. If I take the spark plug out, I can pull the start cord easily. But with the spark plug in place, it is almost impossible to pull the cord. I drained all the gas and bar oil out. With the spark plug out, I get what looks like oil coming out of the spark plug hole when I pull the rope. I have been searching Google for any help I can find. If anyone has any repair details on this saw in PDF format, please email them to me.

Thank you.
:cheers:

dibbs,

i just got a 041 and was wondering if you could send me a manual or a link to one, thanks

I too am looking for a repair manual for a Stihl 041 saw. I bought this saw at an auction sale. If I take the spark plug out, I can pull the start cord easily. But with the spark plug in place, it is almost impossible to pull the cord. I drained all the gas and bar oil out. With the spark plug out, I get what looks like oil coming out of the spark plug hole when I pull the rope. I have been searching Google for any help I can find. If anyone has any repair details on this saw in PDF format, please email them to me.

Thank you.
:cheers:

When you get your manual, read up on how to remove the oiler. You will almost surely have to replace the little o-ring. That should keep the bar oil from getting into the crankcase.

Bob

I just replied to a two year old message,,,,what a moron I am!!!! And nope, not even one beer tonight!!!

Last edited:
When a first time poster ask for help like that, I always get a bit sceptical - will we ever see this member again, before he needs something else????

My general limit for providing such info is 50 posts, and some of those posts have to add something to the site - but that is just how I feel it, others may differ.......:msp_wink:

Some of us not only ne to the site but also just plain shy. I have got to hurry up and get to 50!:chatter:

Latest posts

Back