Stihl 041

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be curious to see how the Rustoleum holds up. I have yet to spend much time painting saw parts. I just don't have the time right now. But, I like to watch and see what others are doing to see what works and what doesn't. Thanks for sharing your photos and info.

Right now it helps to warm things up with a heat gun before and after paint is applied. The Rustoleum, like other spray paints might hold up on the top and sides but won't stand up to the damage it gets on the bottom of the saw, especially these and saws like the 031 that has a flat bottom, paint gets worn off pretty quickly. Powder coat is much better but I don't have the equipment for that..

Probably wait one more day before I go to the shop, got another project to fire up also, an Echo hedge trimmer that I put a new carb on. I ought to change the fuel lines before I start it. The 041 should be ready to go unless I forgot something..

I finally fueled it up and primed it a bit because if I pull too much my back and side starts hurting, maybe I'm getting too old for this. Anyway it roared to life but because I hadn't adjusted anything it filled my garage up with smoke so I shut it back off and turned the carb screws in about a quarter turn and it acted much better that time. Of course it wouldn't shut off because I hadn't scraped enough paint off from around the kill switch so I did that and ran it some more, warmed it up a bit then adjusted the carb some more. Wanting to not leave it clean I went out and cut a few cookies out of an old log I keep in the yard. I wiped it off and quit for the day! I don't know what I'll say the next time someone has a non-running 041 for sale...

Latest posts

Back