Stihl 044 BB Porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Yes i know this topic has been beat over and over. and over some more. I would just like a few simple tips. I have a Stihl 044 BB kit from Baileys on order. I would like to know if anyone has the Measurements; Stock and then ported they could send me. Is it take out more on the top of the Intake port and More on the bottom of the exhaust port? Or Just do the exhaust port? I mainly want it to be a little louder and have a little more umph. Thanks all
-Anthony

up exhaust down intake, and make them nice and wide. There is a great thread that talks all about porting. Good luck

never raise or lower ports for your first grinding, make sure you stay a few mm inside the piston sqirt. probly leave upper transfers alone.

wso so widen intake and exahaust. knock down casting lines , and call it good. make sure and do muff mod and port match the muffler to port. no sence in porting if you dont port match the muffler

+1 what Evan said

never raise or lower ports for your first grinding, make sure you stay a few mm inside the piston sqirt. probly leave upper transfers alone.

wso so widen intake and exahaust. knock down casting lines , and call it good. make sure and do muff mod and port match the muffler to port. no sence in porting if you dont port match the muffler

Yep!!!!

there are some good videos on youtube.com on step by step porting

It see from your profile that you do tree work. If you really need the saw I would install the top end and leave it be. Find some junk cylinders or cheaper saw to practice on. You can always go back to it. Also, you will know the saw runs well, and that any issues running wise where not caused by porting issues.

Back