Stihl 044 CAD Score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw

Not sure issue. Got to drill the lower left muffler screw out:mad2: Needs some minor carb adjustments. Does the serial number tell anyone if it is 10mm or 12mm?

Its a 10mm. Up to 129583701 is the 10mm pin, anything after that is the 12mm.
See this old lakeside post:
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/31533.htm#post409805

10mm is not a big deal though. I haven't noticed any issues with longevity or parts availability either. You can still get OEM or aftermarket parts for the 10mm, no prob.

Last edited:
It as a nice new muffler front. Will try in some wood tomorrow to see if it acts up any. If I can get the :censored: muffler front off I will take a picture.

Saw

This thing has some weird things about it. Broke all but 3 drill bits trying get the muffler front off, will need a new bit to finish the job. It has no brake band. It does have a new air filter assembly. Kinda now thinking about parting with it and trading for a a 50 or 60 cc saw. Kinda like her but I have a 460 so no real gain by having a saw in the same cc class. I figure the value of straight a trade for another smaller may be a smarter move then doing a total overhaul.

I dont think you got hurt. You cant even get a 044 parts saw on this side of the states for 50$ haha

Get those Mac parts outta the crummy!

Back