Stihl 056av electronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it works,use it.....
If it doesnt then through it away,just dont use the underarm:)
oh and dont forget to unplug it:clap:

Last edited:
If it was an AVSE, it would say "Super" on the nameplate, below the "056AV". If it was an AVSEQ (for Quickstop), it would have a big goofy looking metal bar sticking up out of the chain cover, that slid into the chainbrake lever in front of the top handle. If it was a Magnum, it would say "Magnum" below the "056AV" on the nameplate.
It also looks like the muffler was upgraded on the Super, to allow a little more exhaust flow to exit near the chain cover for some reason. I'll post pictures of that difference when I get a minute.
My 056AVE has a lobe on the crankshaft to allow for a points-ignition setup. My 056AVSEQ unfortunately does not.
So, as BOTH magnetos are shot, I'm currently pulling the crankshaft from the 056AVE, and dropping it into the 056AVSEQ if the stroke is the same, so i can convert it to points. If not, I'll probably just grind out a lobe into the 056AVSEQ's crankshaft, using the 056AVE's crank as a guide.

056 Stihl

I hate 056s ........ And I,ve fell plenty of timber with 056s .......And been around ALOT of guyus falling timber with 056s .. It being about the most popular falling saw up here for around a decade , maybe more ......

...They don,t do well with 42" bars in my experience , thats why I went to the 2100 Husky ....
. But back to the 56 ... The regular 56 , like the regular 045 was about 80 ccs
. The 56 Super was 87 cc and the 056MagII was 93 or 97 something like that ... It finally got so it could compete with the 2100 husky power wise , but it was still a lopsided , oil spillin odd ball !@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@! ...
. They were so under filtered it was unbelievable ,, when you put a foam sock filter on them it would freeze your hand ........ When they fell off a log it would break the spark plug wire , or the plug it self ...
. Oh Ya , and they would vibrate apart.. You had to keep red loc the with you all the time , and EVERY DAY ,,check all the screws and bolts ,or you would be out of work .... Saw would fall apart ..............
. That being said .. They were a cuttin machine .. With a 36" bar you could put the wood on the ground .. From what I,ve seen of the 660 Magnums , they still won,t match the 056 Mag II as far as Brute Power So check the decal , or name plate , and if that isn,t there I believe the serial # should tell what it is , you would have to go to a good old dealer with the # to find out ......

very confused about,it seems without stripping it down some there is no clear answer as to what power model it is.
Thanks for the info

very confused about,it seems without stripping it down some there is no clear answer as to what power model it is.
Thanks for the info

Measure the cylinder bore through the exhaust port.

The largest bore cylinders had notches cut out of the corners of the cylinder mounting base.

Lots of the saws had parts from other models put on them for repairs so the only way to be sure is to measure or look for the notches.

Latest posts

Back