Stihl 056av sup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Hur

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I’m trying to remove the 2 piece flywheel, I got the fan wheel off and the nut on shaft but the metal flywheel will not come off I tried to lightly wack the end of shaft and I screwed in the 3 screws with bigger washers and big washer in center that a puller could grip...nope almost ripped the screws out of threads. I’m out of ideas.
I can’t find the right puller made for the 2 piece flywheel for older 056av super.
Any help would be very appreciated.image.jpg

I’m trying to remove the 2 piece flywheel, I got the fan wheel off and the nut on shaft but the metal flywheel will not come off I tried to lightly wack the end of shaft and I screwed in the 3 screws with bigger washers and big washer in center that a puller could grip...nope almost ripped the screws out of threads. I’m out of ideas.
I can’t find the right puller made for the 2 piece flywheel for older 056av super.
Any help would be very appreciated.View attachment 834726
02F86D9D-9210-41A1-8800-92F2869AF068.jpeg

Here’s an example of a homemade one from searching ‘puller stihl 045’, but an auto steering wheel puller also works with the right sized 4 or 5mm bolts.

Don’t screw them in too far, or you’ll damage the coil!

430E7AAB-7B0B-4060-98C4-BFAEF04A34B9.jpeg

Nice, I will have to make something beefed up like that. I wasn’t expecting it to be on this tight. I soaked it overnight came back excited to get it off...flywheel wasn’t hearing a peep out of me. Didn’t budge
Kinda scared to let someone I don’t know work on it, it’s been in family a longtime and perfect condition...except the coil just went bad

Stihl flywheels were on pretty tight,WD-40 or heat will not help.You need the proper puller for them,alot cheaper than damaging the motor or more usually mushrooming the threads on the end of the crank. They were hard enough to remove with the factory puller.

Latest posts

Back