stihl 064 coil 0000-400-1300 LIDA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill268xp

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need a coil for this 064 saw I put in a 046 coil and I got spark if I put the fly wheel on it will it work on the o64? I went on ebay and goggle to find coil and the number come up right but the pictures of the coil does not match. I have like the dog leg one but they said the 0000-400-1300 standard works on a bunch of stihl chainsaw,s and even two blower,s this does not sound right. any way the 064 is in great shape I guess the coil just took a big dump the old number is 1122-400-1311 and one of the members here said to go to the better coil and I believe he knows what he is saying he seem like a straight shooter and was very helpful do they make a after market coil for this saw ? the search for this coil say,s a 028 coil will work but I do not think the 064 coil and the 028 our even in the same ball-park!!! any help would be great ! thanks for any help hope you have a great Easter Sunday best wishes Bill :dizzy::jawdrop::bang::eek:uttahere:

help 064 coil 1122-400-1311

I need a coil for this 064 saw I put in a 046 coil and I got spark if I put the fly wheel on it will it work on the o64? I went on ebay and goggle to find coil and the number come up right but the pictures of the coil does not match. I have like the dog leg one but they said the 0000-400-1300 standard works on a bunch of stihl chainsaw,s and even two blower,s this does not sound right. any way the 064 is in great shape I guess the coil just took a big dump the old number is 1122-400-1311 and one of the members here said to go to the better coil and I believe he knows what he is saying he seem like a straight shooter and was very helpful do they make a after market coil for this saw ? the search for this coil say,s a 028 coil will work but I do not think the 064 coil and the 028 our even in the same ball-park!!! any help would be great ! thanks for any help hope you have a great Easter Sunday best wishes Bill :dizzy::jawdrop::bang::eek:uttahere:

still need this coil got one on ebay no good :chainsaw: if you have one let me know please thanks for your time . bill

I'm not sure I fully understand your original post. You currently have the 1122 400 1311, and you need something to replace it?

Forget about 046/460 ignition parts on an 064. There's no way without creative machining that you'll get the flywheel to fit. You can use the 046 coil to replace the 1311 coil but watch out for that timing circuit.

The universal module (0000 400 1300) will replace the 1122 400 1311 module. The 1311 is garbage, almost every one I've seen was burnt to a crisp. The 400 1300 modules are all over e-bay for cheap.

wow did not think any one would answer. yes order one on ebay and did not work . they make 3 different kinds i believe I have the third generation . I will take a picture today and then you can see . thanks for response. Bill

wow did not think any one would answer. yes order one on ebay and did not work . they make 3 different kinds i believe I have the third generation . I will take a picture today and then you can see . thanks for response. Bill

Are you sure the coil is bad (the one you got from e-bay)? Most of the time it's the ignition lead or the plug terminal that's failed. Those universal modules rarely, if ever, go bad. They're a very simple device.

I think the coil is not the right one because the spark is working now but the timing is of because it is not the correct one to match that fly wheel . i need to find out the number on my fly wheel and maybe you can tell me what the correct coil is that i need bought saw at an auction so who knows what or who did what to the saw??

I just getting over Lyme disease and can,t wait to get the o64 running. picked it up for $200 and it looks very good shape . i just think the coil went bad because the had duct taped the coil wire i can try to replace the wire, but rather just buy the whole coil. i will try to get pictures and numbers so you won,t have to guess . thanks for your time. Bill

Back