Stihl 065??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ray benson said:
From the Stihl website: MS650 84.9cc 6.4 bhp

Is it a coincidence that it's power output is stated as .1 kw more than the Husky 385xp? Weight should be about the same also, when weighted at equal terms.

By the way, I probably made a mistake about the years of introduction of the 044 and 064 in my earlier post in this tread :eek: . That post referred to CSCC, which states 1993 for both models. A German web-site that became available to me yesterday, states 1986 for the 064 and 1988 for the 044. Yesterday Jacob J stated 1985 and 1984 respectively. Confused? :dizzy: :dizzy:
Could it be reference to different markets, or what?

http://www.motorsaegen-portal.de/ If you select "Stihl-tabelle", you will find a lot of info on "Bauzeitraum" for Stihl saws. It doesn't say if it is refers to the German factory, or world wide, though.

Woodshop, I am on yor side and want to shake yor hand! Goes for Sedanman too!! The manufacturers cannot tell us how much we have to sell for. That is called price fixing. What they do tell us is how much we have to pay for them and that is based on suggested list less a percentage. I am on straight commission and it varies depending on the margins.
That said, I have to remain competitive or I don't sell. I dont move many saws over 60 cc because another dealer discounts so much the margin is not worth my while. Apparently, he depends on accessory and parts sales to keep the doors open. It is a p**s off but what can I do. Dollars, not selection and service, rule.

canguy21 said:
It is a p**s off but what can I do. Dollars, not selection and service, rule.

canguy-I'm sorry the other guy lowballs you on bigger saws, but if it's any consolation, there's alot of guys like me who like walking into a great dealer with alot of saws on the shelf. My guy here in town is top notch, and has every model of Stihl on the shelf. I've bought two saws off him, and will do it again because of how he runs his store, and because I can handle a saw before I buy it. Another dealer in town has like three saws on his shelf, and only a little corner dedicated to those saws. Even if I was a fan of the brand he sells, I wouldn't shop there because he has such a small selection, and they don't seem to know saws like the Stihl guy (and his crew) does. Don't any of you dealers give up on selectoin and service-guys like me depend on it!

Take care all,
Jeff

At the GIE Show in Charolette, the factory rep said it's same saw as 660 w/ smaller displacement, and lower price to 'fill' a hole between the 460-660.

MS650= 84.9cc, 4.8 kW, 16.3 lbs, 27.9 oz Fuel, 12.2 oz B&C, Pwr/Wt Ratio .294.
MS660= 91.6cc, 5.2 kW, 16.5 lbs, 27.9 oz Fuel, 12.2 oz B&C, Pwr/Wt Ratio .315.

Having a discussion with a guy, talking about the good old 66. He was saying that there was a 065 that preceeded the 066 and looks identical. Yet I have never seen or heard of one before and I had a look on the search in arbsite and a look around google.
Sooooo 065.....anyone seen em?
Yup I have one. Bought it used from a collector. The piston is perfect and the barrel stil shows the cross line pattern. What is really nice is that it is about 10% lighter than the 066 in weight. Really handy. And as the seller told me, “this saw will become a sought after collector saw !”

Latest posts

Back