Stihl 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reuscherd

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am getting a mild case of CAD from this website. Last week I picked up a Stihl 066 from a local Stihl dealer. The dealer replaced the piston, rings, and put on new plastic covers. :greenchainsaw:

attachment.php

Last edited:
So are you going to put it to work on that tree behind you?? If you don't mind what did it cost from the dealer?

I bought one a couple months back used with 36" B&C and paid 375.00

I paid $600 with a 24" B&C. I was ready to buy a new one and found out he just took this in on trade. The tree behind me will come down sometime. It is fairly close to the house though. I will practice on something out in the open first.

attachment.php

Mark is the enabler. Last fall I had three craftsman saws. I ran a couple of his saws & was instantly hooked. Now my wife runs the craftsman saws & I can't wait for her to blow them up (no I haven't tried straight gas yet).:)

yeah i thought 32 36" bar .

did good, that saw with 32" bar is 1200 25" bar is 1100

Last edited:
I paid $600 with a 24" B&C. I was ready to buy a new one and found out he just took this in on trade. The tree behind me will come down sometime. It is fairly close to the house though. I will practice on something out in the open first.

If thats a 24" bar than you must be about 5'-0" tall:) That looks to be about a 36". Really nice saw though.

Nice! I had a good day last week myself.
Picked up this for $363us, has been used but still goes really well.
100_3845s.jpg

And this one for $52us - hardly seems to have been used, hardly missing paint anywhere - even underneath.
100_3849s.jpg

Also got a box of basket case saws, 3 076 supers needing new p&c's and an 038m with broken crank - parts saw for the sum of $33us

A guy i work with's old man used to cut fence posts for a living, recently had a stroke, so won't be cutting any more, i got in quick on the 066 and spotted the 08s, pity i didn't get the 038mag also - that went for 350aud.
Not every day a deal like that comes along, was at the local saw shop today and they had a used 038(not magnum or even super) for 550aud!:greenchainsaw:

The picture was taken with a 36" bar. The 066 came with a 24" bar which is what I plan to use most of the time.

Latest posts

Back