• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 075 076

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle121990

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a stihl 075 or 076. Doesn't need to be a shelf queen. Budget is upto $400. Will consider a project. Not in a huge rush to get one just thought I'd see what's out there. Let me know what you have. Thanks

I have a pair of pretty decent 051 project saws, reasonably complete from what i remember.
I am drowning in saws and would love to move them along to someone who might enjoy building an 075/076 from them.
They are not too precious to me and waaaaay under your budget if a project interests you.
Dave

Kyle has first crack but I am posting the details in case he passes on it, because several other guys asked about them and I am too lazy to post more than once :)
If @Bill G has a saw, his word is gold, a solid seller you can trust.

051 #1 quick overview
The Bad: missing carb, muffler, clutch cover, top handle, muffler cover, and some of the recoil guts, clutch looks real sketchy, missing some flaked off pieces of the outer part of the shoes, it might have enough left to build and test the saw, but I would NOT be cuttin' with this clutch like this.
The Good: cylinder is perfect and OK piston that would be fine cleaned up, no real scoring or stuck rings just not pristine, there is a new bag of AV buffers in the box as well, air filter cover is old style red 051 AV and looks really nice.

051#2 quick overview
The Bad: missing clutch cover, top handle, muffler cover, muffler, fuel line and filter, recoil handle. Piston is scored and rings look stuck through the exhaust port and cylinder shows wear as well (still assembled).
The Good: the carb is still here, The recoil and tank setup is beautiful with the "Made in west Germany" badge in nice shape I would guess that this tank is not original to the saw, it is really minty.

I realized these are missing the mufflers/muffler covers/clutch covers and top handles because I originally was going to turn them into ChainsawCustomCreations such as the pictures below.
I decided later to only use 076 donor saws for the project, but had already gotten rid of the mufflers (smaller inlet), muffler covers (always broken), top handles (i was going to go full wrap on all of them) and clutch covers (different for full wrap).

I do have a new full wrap handle, a brand new OEM muffler cover, the proper OEM clutch cover for the full wrap and a nice jungle style muffler that I can be persuaded to part with.
I also have a supply of new Oregon Sprocket drums that will accept the normal large mount rims so you could run any chain you like with the proper bar.

IMG_8376.JPG

Rita above still needs the custom badge, spikes, handle wrap and elastostart. You can almost see the flecks of the same metallic copper color from the top handle in the white powder coating. It is stunning in person, I need some sunlight to take a few good pics.

brutus.jpg
Brutus is just waiting on the custom spikes and top cover badge :)

Dave

Kyle. I have an 051 on my bench that just received all new seals and gaskets as well as a carb kit and fuel /impulse lines. I just need to reassemble and she's good to go. I can post pictures if interested. I'm at $350 shipped, and you can always add the 075/076 too end later.

Thanks but I think I'll pass I'm going to hold out for an 075/076. I don't really want to convert an 051. Congrats on selling your 075. That was a dang nice looking saw!

Back