Stihl 084 coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainsawmanDan

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a 1124 400 1308 unlimited coil for a Stihl 084? Just asking before I rig up a 660 coil on it. That being said I’m also looking for a good used 1122 400 1314 coil from the 660 if the 1308 can’t be found

I know most of you will have fixed your saws but I just wanted to add this tip as I haven't seen anyone on the internet mention it;
* Before giving up on your old coil, undo the HT lead from the coil and test the lead. (it is screwed on. With a little effort it will undo in a C-C direction). This goes for almost all coils out there, Saw, Mower, any small petrol/gas motor you might have for your Mill. I've repaired a number of coils because of the build-up of copper oxide/corrosion and only need to replace the HT line. This is available from most Stihl repair shops or eBay. The HT lead must be copper cored with a size of 5mm for a lot of the older Stihl's including the 84 AV.

Hope that helps keep these great saws going a little longer and helps save some money along the way.

Back