Stihl 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's mechanically sound (good compression, runs & cuts reliably) you could double your money plus.

For a quick but lesser profit, leave it as is, & it'll sell to someone who plans to use it on a regular basis.

For a bigger profit, try what others previously suggested: Give it a good cleaning*, & replacing the repaired parts might be worth the $$ & effort.

*Send it to me, & I'll clean every nook & cranny. Of course it might take a couple of years :hmm3grin2orange:.

The Bailey's 090s have really complicated finding a legit 090. the parts are great for those that want to keep a working saw running. But there are just too many people that will take advantage of others and sell fake Stihls for real.

Actually, I most likely wouldn't know a fake from a real unit, so I'd be Fat Dumb and Happy either way....:greenchainsaw:

well i am now thinking i would be better off to take some time clean it up give it a good paint job and use that beast...

we cut a 55" oak that has been down for over a year cut right through it with no problems. or wood yard couldnt beleive how big and fast this thing cut. of course neither could I.

so i guess my next question would be is baileys the best place to get replacement parts? should i take the clutch cover off and repair it better than it is now clean the junk welds off reweld and grind flush the repaint?

where can i get paint?

thanks to everyone for the help..

as as for the wolves.. they are definatly out..

well you know if say one of them wolves needed to say "borrow" it i am sure we could work something out.. i have been know to enjoy long trips on a big and i mean big boat that goes to lots of beaches

:hmm3grin2orange:

but really thanks to everyone for the input. like i said i am new here but not all that new to saws.. just saw this and bought it i actually felt bad after we got it home i probably could have bougt it for 150.00 but still think i stole it..

i think that saws are like bass boats you can never have to much HP.

where can i get paint?

The paint should be no problem. Thall or Lakeside on this site can fix you right up with either the orange or the white/grey. As far as Baileys parts go. I would probably not use their rotating assembly parts yet until we have a chance to hear more from people who use them. However due to the very high cost of oem parts and the fact that you plan to USE this saw, I WOULD use Baileys for any ancilliary parts you might need. I just got another 090 myself that needs a few things (nothing major) and will be using all oem parts, but that is only because, even though I will use this saw it will be a collectors item/ investment for my kids and should be all original.

sthil

if i was you i would keep it if it runs good and drop a 32" bar and chain on it and use it. that would work as big wood saw for yer business.
:cheers:

if i was you i would keep it if it runs good and drop a 32" bar and chain on it and use it. that would work as big wood saw for yer business.
:cheers:

A $300 090 on Fleabay is one seriously busted piece of poop. A decent runner is worth 2 to 4 times that much. You may want to capitalize on your FREAKISH good luck and keep the saw. I very much doubt that lightning will strike twice.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:
Post it on Ebay -- that is the value

Just go ahead and post it on Ebay. Make sure that the auction ends in the evening in the u.s. That is the value of the saw. I forgot where you are at -- it is unlikely that you will get more locally. Supply and demand, there is nothing more you need to know about economics.

Back