Stihl 090G Rebuild - Stumpy Charity Auction starts Tues. Dec,27th ends Sat, Feb 11th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, the muffler's looking great! Did anyone else notice what time he posted that video?:msp_w00t:

yup, i was up at the time ,. good on him. glad this thing is comeing along. brad on the sprocket , sometimes you gota do what you gota do. and i think who ever wins this saw wears a chest protector so it don't hurt so bad if it punches them in the chest. :msp_rolleyes: and thank's again to everyone that's making this possible.

Matt, the muffler's looking great! Did anyone else notice what time he posted that video?:msp_w00t:

In fact I did notice, and I'm pretty sure Ohio isn't in Australia. Both of you and many others are doing very generous work here. I'd love to rep ya both again, but I'm outa bullets. Just know that I as well as many others appreciate it. JR

Ya, got a solid 1.25 hours of sleep before the alarm went off! LOL!!
Have to catch up on 2 other obligations, then back to the muffler.

yup, i was up at the time ,. good on him. glad this thing is comeing along. brad on the sprocket , sometimes you gota do what you gota do. and i think who ever wins this saw wears a chest protector so it don't hurt so bad if it punches them in the chest. :msp_rolleyes: and thank's again to everyone that's making this possible.

Hope! Hope to have this muffler done, at least paint ready Sat.!!
Still need to get the bar and chain together!

In fact I did notice, and I'm pretty sure Ohio isn't in Australia. Both of you and many others are doing very generous work here. I'd love to rep ya both again, but I'm outa bullets. Just know that I as well as many others appreciate it. JR

LOL!!
Ya, it is 80 degrees and sunny in Oz.!!
And 28 degrees and windy!!
Boy I can't wait till the first of the year to get my vacation time!!

Also really pumped up I was able to get that baffle in!
This will really make this a good restoration!
Unfortunately, I am using a 090 louver.
But it will be worked in as part of the muffler and not bolt on like in the 090.
Still think it will look sharp and to the point!!

Has anyone let Stihl know whats going on. If they seen this thread and how much help has been offed they might throw there hat in and offer up something to. When my son was fighting cancer a lot of larger company's in my town donated a lot of items, money and time to my family. So it might be worth a shot.

How big of a bar we putting on it?

Not 100% sure!
But that will be dealt with Sun. or Mon.
Looking at a couple NOS bars hear!
Won't be a monster, but will look NICE!!!

I got that crap on lock down too!

I am thinking:
40+" Stihl Duramatic with one loop of each of the following. (3 loops total)
-Loop of 1/2"
-Loop of .404
-Loop of 3/8 RS
All running .063 gauge.

Any thoughts.
This would be a great saw for GTG's and all around use! (bucking, felling, milling, showing off, ect.)

Sprocket:
Just one JJ!

CIMG3850.jpg

Brad, I will supply the:
-badass rim sprocket
-duromatic bar
-rims (all needed)
-and chains for each

This should make a NICE package.

The wife sanctioned all this since stumpy has Mastiffs!

Muffler update, part 5.

Part 5 Stihl 090G muffler restoration.wmv - YouTube

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TmCy0h-eEf8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TmCy0h-eEf8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

According to my info 9640 003 2530 became NLA from factory from 1998.

Bearing house should have something, the place I use offers several versions in that size.

Awesome idea

The facebook idea is genious if we all post it on our FB it should really help this thing get off the ground

When you post it on FB, don't forget to ask all your FB friends to share it, too. That's how things go viral.

Wow, That's sweet. I'm still not sure what to think about all of this generosity. Thanks guys. Be looking for a Stumpys back thread in the next day or two.:msp_thumbsup:

Wow, That's sweet. I'm still not sure what to think about all of this generosity. Thanks guys. Be looking for a Stumpys back thread in the next day or two.:msp_thumbsup:

like pics of your hairy back, or your back to workin'? (hopin' for the latter) :hmm3grin2orange:

and FWIW: one of my friends just asked me if they had to join AS to get raffle tickets, I said no, but to let them know that I'd sent them thru my FB account, so it does work.

Latest posts

Back