Stihl 241

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late to the party but can someone enlighten me on why, if the 241 seems to be so sought after it’s not readily available here in US?
I'm going to guess that the price of them kept sales low here. The European market has smaller trees and they sold/sell better there. I know my dealer had 2 sitting forever. At the time I didn't think I would need more than the 1 I had. :dumb2:

Stihl priced the 241 only $20 less than the 261. Essentially the same price. Americans being Americans, for the same price we'll buy the bigger one 95% of the time.

I had to beg my dealer to sell me a 241. They didn't stock it and had to order it. It's a sweet little saw. I'm sure the 261 is nice too but I already had a 362 and the 261 is pretty close to that. The 241 fit into my stable better.

The 241 is the perfect small saw for small diameter limbs and trees. I have 2 and use the absolute heck out of them in a tree service. at the landing site where i have brought the tree to a loader truck. I have to cut the limbs down to 12 or 16 feet and the 241 is perfect in this applicatiion. A bigger saw does not cut 6 inch limbs any faster than a small one. 3/8 picco chain does not sling like .325 or 3/8 does.

Latest posts

Back