stihl 361 or husky 357xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More weight is exactly what a 60cc saw doesn't need - then you can as well get a 70cc one instead!

Also, the 362 specs show no increase in power vs. the non-US 361s.

...and no, I don't have any high hopes for the new Husky either...:givebeer:

Well Sawroll I can assure you the 362 will take your Euro 361 and leave it in the chips and do so on less fuel. Sometimes what you see on paper isn't what you see in the wood.

I agree more weight isn't needed but if you look closely at the increases in weight with these strato saws both outfits are on the increase. I was kinda surprize how heavy the 576xp powerhead was over the 372, thats a big increase, thought for sure you would have pointed that out, why my goodness its as heavy as the 441,haha

Well Sawroll I can assure you the 362 will take your Euro 361 and leave it in the chips and do so on less fuel. Sometimes what you see on paper isn't what you see in the wood.

I agree more weight isn't needed but if you look closely at the increases in weight with these strato saws both outfits are on the increase. I was kinda surprize how heavy the 576xp powerhead was over the 372, thats a big increase, thought for sure you would have pointed that out, why my goodness its as heavy as the 441,haha

Pretty close, but not quite (the MS441 is heavier than advertised according to DLG test report, the 575xp was lighter than advertised, no test report on the 576xp so far, but supposed to be lighter than the 575).

Also, the 576xp has more power than the others, but I don't really care, as I don't like the design of any of those saws - I stick with my 372xp (that doesn't leak anywhere).......:greenchainsaw:

Pretty close, but not quite (the MS441 is heavier than advertised according to DLG test report, the 575xp was lighter than advertised, no test report on the 576xp so far, but supposed to be lighter than the 575).

Also, the 576xp has more power than the others, but I don't really care, as I don't like the design of any of those saws - I stick with my 372xp (that doesn't leak anywhere).......:greenchainsaw:

Well I can see your no fun today,LOL

I got the weights off the Husky and Stihl websites. I'm not like you, I don't worry much about a few ounces one way or the other, this mass of lean mean muscle can handle it.

Ya gots to get out of the dark ages Sawtroll, out with the old and in with the new. These new saws run pretty good and its nice when your bent over sawing those nasty fumes are no longer there to choke you.

You got a 372 that doesn't leak oil, I can't say that, I don't own a 372 anymore. Nice saw, they run good but mine was what it was, a factory screw up, no biggie, had alot of fun with it.

Happy New Year ole chap, :cheers::cheers::cheers:

We just ran several of these saws today in 18 oak. Stock 357xp (2 tanks), stock 361 (4 tanks), my muff modded 361 (well broke in), husky 261 ( more cords under its belt than anyone could count), and my broke in 7901. I think chains had more to do with the outcome than power output figures. All saws wore 20 inch bars. The stock 261 was the slowest but is also pretty old and may need new rings. The stock 361 was very jumpy on the chain ( round top stihl) and was cutting in the high 17 second range. The stock 357xp wore a flat top husky chain and while it revved quickly you had to hold it out of the wood for its best time of nearly 17 seconds flat. My broke in muffler modded 361 with round top sthil chain was somewhere in the 16 seconds ( don't remember exactly). The husky 261 was at 18 seconds. My 7901 blew through the oak in 10.6 seconds and the chain was actually stalled once on that run.

This testing was done for a buddy and his dad who are what I would consider pretty staunch Husky fans. They both said if the husky was $100 cheaper it would be no contest to them but it's not so their decision isn't that easy. They found new MS362's for under $570 and are really leaning that way. And I'm pushing them that way also. But at the end of the day any decision on these saws woul be strictly personnal preference as they cut so close to one another it isn't even funny.

BTW happy new year!

Latest posts

Back