Stihl 362R Wrap handle and more

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correction!!

I am wrong.

The correct number for the kit is 1135 007 1007. Sorry for any problems this may have caused anybody.

Part number 1135 790 3600 is for the handlebar only.

Thank You for pointing this out.

362R conversion back to 362?

I'm considering the purchase of a 362R for a bit better control, when cutting on some of my steep hills. However, I would still have a use for a flush cut version and would like to change out the handle for those times..Question, what are the p/n's and/or parts needed to convert the 362R back to a plain 362? The price is only $25 difference for the 'R' version. I think getting the 362R at $25 initially would be less costly than converting up to a wrap version (plus I want the dual felling spikes anyway, (included in the wrap option). Any help is appreciated.

If you want dual felling spikes get the ones off the 440. I have the dual spikes that came with the wrap kit on my 361 but they are kind of short. My friend just put ones from the 440 on his 362 and it makes a huge difference. He can really dog into the wood now when making his notches/felling cut and when bucking big wood.

My STihl 362R chainsaw

I tried to order the wrap handle from my stihl dealer here in North Central Pennsytucky and they were not able to or just didn't want to order one for me?? So i turned to my good ole buddy Russ from ebay and ShahhZahhm! Now I too own a sweet ass ms362R saw. I was not aware of any oil pump mod till i read this. Now i will do that mod. I'm working on having my ms362 muffler chromed. Any comments on the chrome are welcome. Please note my 362 is more of a show and tell saw than anything else. Chrome would be great, I have alot of beater saws of all sizes to whack wood up with No chrome

I'm considering the purchase of a 362R for a bit better control, when cutting on some of my steep hills. However, I would still have a use for a flush cut version and would like to change out the handle for those times..Question, what are the p/n's and/or parts needed to convert the 362R back to a plain 362? The price is only $25 difference for the 'R' version. I think getting the 362R at $25 initially would be less costly than converting up to a wrap version (plus I want the dual felling spikes anyway, (included in the wrap option). Any help is appreciated.

I ended up paying 160.00 USD to convert my saw over, I still have the original 362 handle, hanging onto it for now. So if any of you guys can buy the 362R version for about 20 dollars more?? I say do it! I have the full price of a new ms362 plus 160 into it. SOmeone offered to buy my saw last month, I said yes for $1,275.00 free sipping witrhin the USA

I just picked up last week. Like the wrap handle. Just at saw shop got saw from. Used the kit number guys listed for the 362 and they want $276 :msp_mad:

Other than trying call 20 dif places anyone know place that sell parts and ships?

Latest posts

Back