Stihl 441 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolbrze

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Thinking about purchasing a MS 441 C-M Magnum - are they good or not? If so, how does it handle & does it feel balanced w/ a 25" bar?

I like the 25” on it
But get the 441 R Oiler or 661 Oiler
The stock one doesn’t keep it as wet as I like
I did the 441R
But if I was to do it again it would the 660r Oiler
Because you can always turn it down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. We had a 460 & 2 461s over the last decade & love them. Just want another slightly smaller more nimble saw when we don't need the 28" bar on the 461. Plus... I want a new saw to play w/ at the cabin :)

I have put hundreds of hrs on ported 441s in a production environment and love them,smooth,excerlant filter system.
I recommend the 441C R (wrap model) has higher out Oiler stiffer AV springs larger clutch cover and if you don’t like the wrap handle replace it with a standard one.

One more ?... what 25" bar do you recommend (I assume Stihl makes several 25"ers)? We run yellow chains if that matters & saw will be used for felling med. Oak, Maple, Pine etc. trees, cutting them up, & possibly aerial use here & there.

I have a recent gen 441R C-M (HO oiler, big dawgs, wrap handle) with a 28" B/C and I absolutely love it. Like others have said, it doesn't have quite the gusto that the 461 has, but it is by far the smoothest running saw I've ever had the pleasure of running. I am coming up on my 10th tank and it just keeps getting better and better each time I start her up. I think the perfect setup is the 25" B/C for this saw, it would be a beast with that setup, but it can run up to a 32" B/C if need be.

My parents just bought some new property to retire on and there are a lot of big oaks that need trimming and some old and damaged ones that need to come down, the 441R will be putting in some work very soon. A pic from when she was shiny and new.

9feeBgQ.jpg

I wouldn't call it smaller and more nimble than a 461.

Agreed, it does feel a little different and IMHO more comfortable because of its more swept back handle and lower air filter housing/cover when compared to the 461. That said, specs show the PH to weigh the same as the 461 so you won't be saving any weight. It's simply a different feel due to the ergonomics and how smooth that particular saw runs due to its AV system and engine.

Latest posts

Back