Stihl 59" or Cannon 60" Bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger-Time

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Looks as if I am going to bite the bullet and
buy MS880..........Stihl 59" bar will and $200
or so to price of saw over a 41" bar. Plus
what ever 3/8 sprocket nose cost to change
it over from .404 chain

Cannon 60" 3/8 bar $370 plus shipping.

So...........what would you get, Stihl or Cannon Bar?

Thanks
Gary

We just sold a stihl 59" bar, it runs $350.00 Big trees being cut in sierra nevada mountains. Cannon is o.k. But if you could find a chrome windsor, that would be sweet for your project!

If you can get the Stihl for $200 (unless I read that wrong) do it. If the Stihl is $350 and the Cannon is $370, get the Cannon, nice bars, and they don't seem to flex quite as much as the Stihl's.

Of course, if your going to be cutting a lot and in the dirty stuff, get the Stihl, just for the fact that you can pick up a replacement sprocket nose for $25 at any Stihl Dealer, try that with a Cannon...

If you can get the Stihl for $200 (unless I read that wrong) do it. If the Stihl is $350 and the Cannon is $370, get the Cannon, nice bars, and they don't seem to flex quite as much as the Stihl's.

Of course, if your going to be cutting a lot and in the dirty stuff, get the Stihl, just for the fact that you can pick up a replacement sprocket nose for $25 at any Stihl Dealer, try that with a Cannon...

Price of 880 with 59" bar is $200 higher than if I buy it with 41" bar.

Going with 41" bar for now, will add longer bar later.

Thanks
Gary

Back