Stihl 661 first live Pictures!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If by "gay" you mean damn sexy, well then i agree:hmm3grin2orange:

nope,i like what they've done with the rest of it but not that filter cover knob,whats it gunna be like trying to turn it with gloves on or man hands for that matter.....................................

The look of the new saws doesn't work for me, they looked kinds bloated, but being as how they didn't ask me in the design stages, they likely don't care what works for me....

Very nice! It figures that stihl would release a 71 cm ROLLOMATIC ES LIGHT right after I sprung for a 24" SUGI HARA light. Doh!

nope,i like what they've done with the rest of it but not that filter cover knob,whats it gunna be like trying to turn it with gloves on or man hands for that matter.....................................

There is not many new saws that you can get the filter cover off with gloves on is there? most husqvarna's and the pro stihls you need a scrench or a good set of finger nails to pop the cover

There is not many new saws that you can get the filter cover off with gloves on is there? most husqvarna's and the pro stihls you need a scrench or a good set of finger nails to pop the cover

I have no trouble getting the filter cover off on my 460 with gloves on. As for the look of the 661 it looks sharp but also looks like if a little twig landed on it the plastic would crack. The outer shell just doesn't look durable.

It looks like it may have a spring AV out the side of the cylinder to the handle...

It looks like a spring there for sure. I see a black cap under the clutch cover so it may have some rubber and some spring mounts.

i
i love
i love my
i love my new
i love my new ported
i love my new ported 2188!

I
I Love
I Love My
I Love My New
I Love My New Ported 2188!!

I
I LOVE
I LOVE MY
I LOVE MY NEW
I LOVE MY NEW PORTED
I LOVE MY NEW PORTED 2188!!!

:msp_w00t: :bowdown: :msp_wub: :bang: :msp_unsure: :cry: :help: :jester:

I Cannot. Not buying anything else until I get a tophandle.

Last edited:
What is wrong with the Sugihara? :msp_tongue:

And if you want a light Stihl 24" bar, get a 25" Rollomatic E!

The sugihara seems ok based on initial perception of quality. However, I kind of like to keep it real Stihl. You know, powerhead, bar, and chain from the same manufacturer. Until Stihl releases the 25" ES Light, I'll just keep my second best on there.

The sugihara seems ok based on initial perception of quality. However, I kind of like to keep it real Stihl. You know, powerhead, bar, and chain from the same manufacturer. Until Stihl releases the 25" ES Light, I'll just keep my second best on there.

I see, and have no problem with it - but I don't have to agree! :msp_smile::givebeer:

Gloves are ghey... I'll just sharpen a callous to use as a filter knob turner... :)

As for the 661, I can't wait till somebody trashes one so I can afford to buy it and fix it... :msp_sad:

Gloves are ghey... I'll just sharpen a callous to use as a filter knob turner... :)

As for the 661, I can't wait till somebody trashes one so I can afford to buy it and fix it... :msp_sad:

man what you talking about. you aint got no time to play with any saws.

remember 461 huh huh huh!:tongue2:

you bum.

Back