Stihl 880 brand new

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this has been freshened up, we are looking to buy either a 660, or 395xp. ( odd thing on a comparison chart of the two, it said the 395 didn't have an auto oiler) my biggest saw was a 460 magnum, loved it. I know I can.just look at numbers, but what are people with use of the two thoughts on it. The .1 hp, more weight, and higher price tag of the husky has me leaning to the Stihl 660. Also I know it says up to 36" bar for both, but if I want a bigger bar, what are your experiences / sizes it runs with no issue.? Also wherea the best prices. My local guy has been getting a bit overpriced.
Specs don't mean much. 395 is miles ahead of a 660. Air filtration, oiler, a/v, and let's not forget power. Only thing the 660 has going for it is its lighter.

395xp no question. 660s are built like tanks but they just don't run well unless they are ported. If you want to run a 36"+ bar, the 395 is an easy choice.

I use mine for cutting red gum and yellow box timber very hard timber for fire wood i use the ms 880 on the bigger timber and the old 038 magnum with a 20 inch and a 24 inch bar for the smaller timber.I mentioned i another post some time ago that i had a try of a husky 365 for a weak and i must say it was a realy go saw i have also tried the 395 husky and im sorry to say it ***** over a stihl 660 unless it is ported id like to get my hands on a new 70 to 90 cc husky to try next winter.

hmm guess I deleted that other vid. Here's a good one.

9pin 36"

I wish we'd ran Moobsy's 661 against that one: both are Sporty.

As far as I'm concerned, if the bar is less than a 50", a Ported 661 is where it's at.

For the longest, I didn't believe it, but I do now.

Latest posts

Back