Stihl Br 600 engine re-assembly help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnsered

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to re-assemble a br600 engine and can't remember if the piston should be at TDC and the cam at the two indicator lines at 9'oclock and 3'oclock. Any help would be appreciated.

yeah there is marks on the inside of cam housing on cylinder 9 and 3 is right also tdc is set with the s on the flywheel on the flywheel you will see the s to the left of it where the flywheel ends you want to line the end of the flywheel to the left of the s with the right side of the right coils metal part ends i have attach a service manual

Attachments

• BR500-BR550-BR600 Service Manual.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 243
Cam should have metal plate on back of it if it is missing u don't have a compression release valve set to 0.01

U can't adjust them valves with normal feeler guage your timing will be off also check and make sure compression release is working How does it pull with plug out

I threw my four engines in a pile and forgot about them, then bought a $40 non running br600 that needed a new flywheel, carb and valve adjusting. Its a real roller coaster ride with these four mix engines.

i just got one in making a weird sound thought it was the fan took it off and ran unit still making sound so i will have to take the engine apart and do some checking this is the first one i have to give me a difficult problem make sure to check the tank vent those things suck on br models

Back