Stihl chain-------------------------------

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RMC3 is a safety chain right? I think I have the regular RM or RSC on mine. Personally, it's almost too fast sometime. :greenchainsaw:

RMC3 is a safety chain right? I think I have the regular RM or RSC on mine. Personally, it's almost too fast sometime. :greenchainsaw:

You are exactly right it is low kickback chain. never used it on a 16 inch bar my best guses is that you might notice a small diffrence

The safety chains SUCK!:mad: If you are an experienced person with a saw then you would be better of with the RSC. It will cut alot better!!:chainsaw:

Yup, try the RSC or RSC3, they are more prone to kickback but cut a whole heck of alot faster. This chain is for clean wood also:chainsaw:

Get two chains: RMC for dirty wood and RSC for clean wood. If it has a 3 at the end, I personally think it cuts much slower and don't like it.

I also have a Stihl 026 w/ 18"bar and have been running the recommended (by Stihl) RMC3 chains on it since it was new, but I've been considering getting a more aggressive saw chain for my saw. From what I've read on the Stihl site the type of chain you can run is partially dictated my your saws power to some degree. I'm guessing that if you put a very aggressive chain on a low power saw it could bog it down. My chainsaw is setup to run an 0.325" pitch, 0.063" gauge saw chain now, so any recommendations? How much of a performance difference is there between an RSC and an RSC3 chain and between the RMC3 I'm running now to a RSC3? Thanks.

Jim

Don't know Stihl chain that good and have never bought it,too lazy to look it all up and sort it out.I talked to my local Stihl dealer and they found a roll of RSC in the back under a bench so RSC it is.Thanks for the help.I think with the .325 .063 RSC on a Stihl E 16" bar the 026 should just rip:chainsaw:

Don't know Stihl chain that good and have never bought it,too lazy to look it all up and sort it out.I talked to my local Stihl dealer and they found a roll of RSC in the back under a bench so RSC it is.Thanks for the help.I think with the .325 .063 RSC on a Stihl E 16" bar the 026 should just rip:chainsaw:

Well on the way home from work I bought a new 16" Stihl E bar and a RSC chain for my Stihl 026. I will let you all know how it works out for me and how it compares to the RMC3 chain on an 18" bar I was using last weekend. I'm cutting up a log-load with my brother tomorrow and he's using a Stihl FarmBoss with a 16" bar and a RMC3 chain. I wonder how long it will take him to notice just how much faster my saw is cutting than his? :hmm3grin2orange:

Well my 026 with the 16" bar and the RSC chain worked great today, much better than it did with the 18' bar and RMC3 chain I was using last weekend. My brother was having some difficulty getting his saw started and by the time he got it started I had already cut a 16' x14" log into 16" sections! We finished bucking up the log-load we were working on today, so tomorrow it is splitting time.

Got a loop of RSC at local Stihl dealer yesterday.Told girl a counter what I wanted RSC and she brought out a loop of RMC3 and I said no RSC and that I had called and they said you had it on a roll.She went in the back room for awhile and came back and told me someone was making a loop up for me.When they brought out the loop of RSC I looked at it and saw a green link on it and put on my reading glasses and it was RSC and when I asked about the green link he said they did not have any yellow ones so I got my RSC and will see how it cuts later today.

Latest posts

Back