Stihl club

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whats better Stihl or Husky?

• Stihl

Votes: 93 81.6%
  • Husky

Votes: 21 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2- 192t 12"
1- ms 260 16" use these three more than anything else daily

1 ms361, great saw just never used it, an in betweener for what I do. FOR SALE if anyones interested.

372xp 20" awesome ground saw, maybe best saw ever made IMO

ms 460 32", replaced a stolen 575xp. all time classic, just not the filtration system of husky and the new generation of stihls. Lots of nocking off the filter throughout the day but like the 372 maybe one of the best saws ever made.

Actually, you condescended to tell everyone what to post, so naturally I had to make the point that your wishes mean just slightly less than a big steaming pile of compost scrapings to folks here. :)
ok ass ####, i can be an ass hole to but it doesnt get you anywhere? Maby thats whay your sitting hear talking #### cause you got fired for being a ####?
#### you you ####ing ####
Matt

Alot of you are liek me with my guns, I use about 3 of them regularly but i have to have the other 30. You use them once in a while but you have your favorits and its almost imposible to let them go.
Inless your trading for soemthing better/newwer....
Matt

I have the saws below and wish for a ms 660, hope to get it soon.:clap: :clap: MERRY CHRISTMAS:greenchainsaw:

I think almost every topic on here has been covered at least 10 times. I'm guilty of it to so don't sweat it, eventually you run out of things to talk chainsaw. It's bound to happen. It's christmas for cryin out loud, everyone needs to lighten up!

I have the saws below and wish for a ms 660, hope to get it soon.:clap: :clap: MERRY CHRISTMAS:greenchainsaw:

You will not be disapointedw ith a 660 their great iv been using mide for 4 days and i love it already. Im going easy to break it in. They are a somewhat big ex;pence but if you way in teh savings on oil and wood slaes it pays foritself in the first month.
MTD spliters are great to my supris i got mine of r600 and nothings been able to stop it an dits so simple and reliable.
Matt

I think almost every topic on here has been covered at least 10 times. I'm guilty of it to so don't sweat it, eventually you run out of things to talk chainsaw. It's bound to happen. It's christmas for cryin out loud, everyone needs to lighten up!

+1:clap:

only problem I have with my saws it always wantsmore sibilings.

I got to run a 031 av this week now I want a 041av. Such a different saws from what I am use to but kind of made me grin running one.

Hi matt
I'v already tried the ms 660 in some very big beech trees and i loved it, and i want't to buy one but got a good offer on the 460 wich has been a beauty to work with.
And my Mtd has not meet anything that it wouldn't split yet, and i don't think it will.:givebeer: and more:givebeer:

Is this a "mule" deer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PGOsVnCdpo&feature=channel_page

The saw looks like an 044, and it does the job well, from the looks of it.....

Do ya think there was any hair in the neck meat? Nahhh, all of it was in there!:jawdrop:

BTW, this has been a great thread.

I am currently laughing with tears in my eyes!

Matt9923, just ignore space, he won't go away, but you can still ignore him.

I have to admit, his extremely poignant input here, has me really bust'n a gut.:laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
Do ya think there was any hair in the neck meat? Nahhh, all of it was in there!:jawdrop:

BTW, this has been a great thread.

I am currently laughing with tears in my eyes!

Matt9923, just ignore space, he won't go away, but you can still ignore him.

I have to admit, his extremely poignant input here has me really bust'n a gut, though.:laugh: :laugh:

It doesnt bother me much... Its sad tho, i agree a little funny i know he doesnt care but soem peopel respect the post.

Last edited:
Small CAD- but there's still hope for growth

041AV- purchased new in the 70's by my dad. Still running strong.
038 wood boss
460 mag (Favorite) dpm,full wrap,24" full chisel
Bars ranging from 12" to 36" all hand filed with a chisel file, full and skip
Stihl 16" climbing hand saw w/leg sheath (don't remember the number)

046, 20" bar, I dont use it a whole lot any more but it still starts and cuts great. I use it more for limbing than anything else

066, 28" bar This is my go to saw, great power to weight and way faster than the 046. Shes an older non decomp 066 magnum with the duel port cover. This is one saw I dont even think about running with out ear plugs, but I love it.

I hope to be adding a MS880 with a 36" bar to the list after the first of the year, I want to get my taxes figured out before I go and drop close to 2 grand on a saw. I definatly dont need it, the 066 has plenty of power for the 36" bar but I've always wanted one. With the new EPA regs it looks like its now or never soooo :chainsaw:

I definatly need to stay away from this site, before I came here I thought 1 saw (my 046) was all I'd ever need (just got to dream about the rest), you guys showed me the light :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
I t doesnt bothe rme a bit what can you do soem peopel just are permanent (rest of post deleted due to inappropriate use of the alphabet.)
Matt

Just trying to point out the humor...

These threads can be fun and informative. I know there can be a lot of hogwash in the middle, but it sometimes keeps things entertaining.

Last edited:
Actually, you condescended to tell everyone what to post, so naturally I had to make the point that your wishes mean just slightly less than a big steaming pile of compost scrapings to folks here. :)

Nothing personal Matt, but that right there was some funny sh1t! :bowdown:

I have Just one, my 029. It has been very trouble free the ten years that I have had it and it has been a good firewood saw. It is a bit heavy but considering my first saw was Pro Mac 610 it was definetly an improvement in the weight category. My Dolmar 5100 S will out cut it but we will see if the Dolmar will take the abuse my 029 has taken over the last ten years. Mine wears a 20" bar .325 chain, a modded muffler and it cuts northern oak just fine.

I t doesnt bothe rme a bit what can you do soem peopel just are permanent deleted in my reply holes. Anyway my favorit shirt says "more stuff I don't want in MY post' Matt

Any bets on when the ban-hammer drops?

Back