Stihl dealer needs help from Husky dealer.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
And Mr. Thall, that dealer is you, and I'm here to help. :cheers:

While Stihl has certainly provided you with a great line up of quality chainsaws, they have in one glaring way, let you down. They have left you exposed and unprepared: Ole buddy, you ain't got any snow blowers down there, and it looks like you could sell a bunch of them. If you were a Husky dealer, on the other hand, you might have some in stock. They might even be the same 10 units I have left here gathering dust. :hmm3grin2orange:

Since it looks like you could get as much snow in the next two days as we've had all frigging winter, you ought to have these blowers down there in Leesburg. How about I load 'em on the truck and bring 'em on down? We could sell them for list, split the profit, and head on over to Wendy's for chow?

We're not getting any of that snow up here. It's not even going to be cloudy. :censored:

All kidding aside, I hope all of you guys down in Dixie get through this one in good shape, and have some fun at the same time. :cheers:

And Mr. Thall, that dealer is you, and I'm here to help. :cheers:

While Stihl has certainly provided you with a great line up of quality chainsaws, they have in one glaring way, let you down. They have left you exposed and unprepared: Ole buddy, you ain't got any snow blowers down there, and it looks like you could sell a bunch of them. If you were a Husky dealer, on the other hand, you might have some in stock. They might even be the same 10 units I have left here gathering dust. :hmm3grin2orange:

Since it looks like you could get as much snow in the next two days as we've had all frigging winter, you ought to have these blowers down there in Leesburg. How about I load 'em on the truck and bring 'em on down? We could sell them for list, split the profit, and head on over to Wendy's for chow?

We're not getting any of that snow up here. It's not even going to be cloudy. :censored:

All kidding aside, I hope all of you guys down in Dixie get through this one in good shape, and have some fun at the same time. :cheers:

Hahaha, good one indeed. I know of no store in the area that has 1 single snow thrower, none. Everyone is sold out around here. Even so we don't want any snow throwers here. Now let me ask you, how many tractor and trailer loads of salt have you sold,say at least 20, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,LOLOL

Last edited:
Spike forgot to tell you and you will love this. All the ribbing we Stihl guys did when Elux owned Husky, we said they're a vac company. Guess what, later this year Stihl is bringing back their vac's to the USA market,LOLOLOLOLOL

Spike forgot to tell you and you will love this. All the ribbing we Stihl guys did when Elux owned Husky, we said they're a vac company. Guess what, later this year Stihl is bringing back their vac's to the USA market,LOLOLOLOLOL

We've already got them available, the SE61, and SE121. ANd yes it's a Stihl that really SUCKS, hehehe.
I haven't ordered any, since we don't have much demand for 160$, and 350$ shop vacs.

SE61.jpg

aspirateur-stihl-se-121-e.jpg

Funny thing is they quit offering them here a long time ago. The deal was the market here wouldn't pay that much for a vac. I guess now that we are broke we will,LOLOL

I haven't had my hands on one of those but in the pics they look fairly good. I'll get a few in here and regardless of cost I get em going out the door. I'm still working on my plan on how to move them. At those prices I'm gonna need to be on my game for sure,hahaha

Hahaha, good one indeed. I know of no store in the area that has 1 single snow thrower, none. Everyone is sold out around here. Even so we don't want any snow throwers here. Now let me ask you, how many tractor and trailer loads of salt have you sold,say at least 20, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,LOLOL

That's a lot of salt! One of my landscapers decided to get into the bulk salt and sand business, and he's sitting on one big mountain of material.

It's actually been a very cold winter up here, just lower than average snow. (26" so far). Good news is that the loggers are all in the woods rather than being shut down now, and the mills are paying pretty good as well. So, the saw biz is nice and healthy. Plus we're getting some good feedback on the 576AT, which is performing real well on these frigid mornings.

Farmers almanac says we are getting a blizzard a week or so from now, so maybe I'll move them damn snow blowers! (I did sell my first Exmark of the season yesterday though, so I shouldn't be complaining)

W
I haven't ordered any, since we don't have much demand for 160$, and 350$ shop vacs.

That would have to be some pretty powerful vacuum.

What are they thinking?

I'd sure like one of those Husky snow blowers, though. 150 feet of driveway to clear.

Oh, well, I've got 3 teenage boys and 4 snow shovels. :D

Funny thing is they quit offering them here a long time ago. The deal was the market here wouldn't pay that much for a vac. I guess now that we are broke we will,LOLOL

I haven't had my hands on one of those but in the pics they look fairly good. I'll get a few in here and regardless of cost I get em going out the door. I'm still working on my plan on how to move them. At those prices I'm gonna need to be on my game for sure,hahaha
When you're buying on credit it doesn't hurt to add another $350. That's the way the government does it!

Are those Husqvarneeee snowblowers any better than the Toros or Ariens or Simplecitys ???

Nope. They work fine, and throw pretty good, but they just don't have the beef in them that the Ariens does. (I'm also an Ariens dealer). You look at them side by side and the extra steel in the gearbox, auger, housing, etc on the Ariens is obvious.

Have to be honest here, but it's similar to the 200 series saws in that they're not that much different than their Poulan counterparts. The same basic blower with more bells and whistles. One thing they do that's nice is they use a nice fat 5/8 belt on the auger. Hogs in pretty good in the deep and wet stuff.

Simplicity always built a great blower, but I don't know if that has changed with Briggs running things now.

I actually have one of the smaller Husky snow blowers (that Witchy bought "on campaign" in 2006) at the cottage.

So far all is well - but I haven't used it that much. :)

I would have bought an Ariens if it was my choise.

Last edited:
Nope. They work fine, and throw pretty good, but they just don't have the beef in them that the Ariens does. (I'm also an Ariens dealer). You look at them side by side and the extra steel in the gearbox, auger, housing, etc on the Ariens is obvious.

Have to be honest here, but it's similar to the 200 series saws in that they're not that much different than their Poulan counterparts. The same basic blower with more bells and whistles. One thing they do that's nice is they use a nice fat 5/8 belt on the auger. Hogs in pretty good in the deep and wet stuff.

Simplicity always built a great blower, but I don't know if that has changed with Briggs running things now.

Are the blowers AYP built ???

Saw a Z turn that had the welded squared deck that looked to be built heavy....Not sure quality ..

Tom seems we all have to eat a little Crow now and again. Problem with me is I never cared for it much.

If I have to, I like it in a pot pie with lots of vegatables and a little garlic. :cheers:

We've already got them available, the SE61, and SE121. ANd yes it's a Stihl that really SUCKS, hehehe.

SE61.jpg

aspirateur-stihl-se-121-e.jpg

What are the ccs and where is the pull cord??:hmm3grin2orange:

Actually a 2 cycle vacuum would not be a bad thing to have, say for cleaning out cars and farm trucks.

Are the blowers AYP built ???

Saw a Z turn that had the welded squared deck that looked to be built heavy....Not sure quality ..

There is no such as AYP anymore; now being called HOP, (Husqvarna Outdoor Products). But essentially that's what they are.

The Z's are another matter entirely. The new PZ, ("Professional Z"), they've come out with is a real nice unit. Nice enough that it finally makes them a player in the Exmark and Scag world. I mowed with one last fall, and I think they got the deck right too. Huge discharge opening. Want to try it in the lush grass in the spring before drawing any real conclusions, but my hunch is they've got a winner there.

I had the belly pan off of a 2006 toro this morning, all I can say is I've seen better engineering in the older models, this thing had a pile of cables and linkages to much in my opinion, also the impeller bearing is a bronze piece of S @@ T.

There is no such as AYP anymore; now being called HOP, (Husqvarna Outdoor Products). But essentially that's what they are.

The Z's are another matter entirely. The new PZ, ("Professional Z"), they've come out with is a real nice unit. Nice enough that it finally makes them a player in the Exmark and Scag world. I mowed with one last fall, and I think they got the deck right too. Huge discharge opening. Want to try it in the lush grass in the spring before drawing any real conclusions, but my hunch is they've got a winner there.

And Craftsman are under Electrolux Home Products, or that's what it say when I order Craftsman parts from Atlantic Power. But my Parts Smart for Poulan still says AYP, so it's all sorts of confusing. Still funny that my Craftsman parts come from my Briggs and Stratton distributor, and certain John Deere labeled products we can warranty if they're made by Briggs.

I always knew stihl sucked. lol

Last edited:
Back