Stihl Dealer Pricing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildnCrazyGuy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Are the Stihl dealers forced to fix prices now for some reason? I made a large purchase a few years back and got a great deal on my equipment. Wasn't DSRP. I just visited the same dealer to resolve a recall issue with the flippy caps on one of those items. Left him a list of a couple of things and he said he would get a salesperson when he got back from lunch to send me a quote. I got DSRP pricing on over 1000.00 worth of stuff. Is that the norm? Did I miss something? Usually depending upon the dealer, Stihl has them categorized and they are able to offer slight discounts depending upon the volume they sell. Has that changed? Curious if I should go to a dealer farther away.

Fixed pricing is illegal. Dealers can sell under, at, or above MSRP. MSRP is just manufacture's suggested retail price. Most dealers don't sell at discounts because we don't have to, kinda like Apple.

Thank you sir. I'll try another dealer and see what the result is. Disappointed as I expected to get similar discounts for being a repeat customer, but understand if it sells at that price, then it sells.

Why don't you just mention when you placed a large order a couple years ago they gave you a volume discount and ask them if they could do anything on the stuff you're considering purchasing. No need to be rude, but the worst they can say is no. They might be more than willing to chip 10% off, but if nobody asks they just sell it for the shelf price. Maybe I visit too many pawn shops, but it doesn't bother me a bit to ask for a discount on large purchases.

Latest posts

Back