Stihl FS250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's another reason why I bought my FS-250R. Simplicity and pure ole power. :rock:
Actually you were lucky to to get the 250R with the 'loop' handle as they were the first ones discontinued.
I knew then something was 'going on'..

Then Stihl..(about a month later)...switched to the FS 240...I think some dealers got 'blind-sighted'...
(of course small Stihl dealers don't usually stock $600 trimmers..so screw them..!!)

Hells Bells..my major dealer didn't even know about it..!! - he called me and said.."I only got one..you want it.??."

Stihl is a major player for sure...and they know it...this has to be at the top for just corporate greed..!!

Now Stihl will cover 'warranty repairs' that other companies would turn down.."keep the customer happy")
It's all about repeat business and good "word of mouth" in the community ...Really good business smart..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
Cleared out 6ft johnsongrass from an 11 acre vineyard with no problem with my fs250.
Ran it Up to 8 hours a day, with 15 minute breaks every hour, hour and a half. Using a kwik loader trimmer head and .155” oregon gator string. Awesome results always, just changed air filter, spark plug and fuel lines runs like a beast, ready to conquer 11 more acres!
Call it a torture test if you like, but this thing is still running after owning it for years, and this job itself took 60 hours of labor, 8 gallons of mixed fuel and the engine has good compression.

Still have my FS-250R and liking it. Mine doesn't get used nearly as much as some of your's do though. Mine is probably over-kill for what I use it for. But, that's just me and how I roll. I tend to buy too much, rather than end up with too little.

Anyways, kind of cool to look over a 5 yr. old thread. :rock2:

I have an FS 250 and a just added a FS111R And the FS250 is a monster and has balls of steel. Love the thing!

The major difference for me is the engine. The FS 250 is a true 2 stroke engine and the FS 240 has a newer updated stratified scavening 2 stroke engine. With that technology less fuel is used and less exhaust gases are emitted. The difference can be smelled. The power output is nearly identical on both units. The fuel tank on the FS 240 is larger. A other difference is the weight. The FS 240 is heavier as the FS 250 and both have a 1-point AV system. I prefer a 4-point AV-system.

Back