stihl handheld blower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlNut88

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a really good customer that is a land scaper and he brought me a hand held blower that ran like garbage. So i tested compression and held 125psi, so I went ahead and threw a carb kit in it and it ran awesome. I did my yard with it, and tested it for about an hour, was very happy with how it ran. So I went ahead and worked on some other odds and ends. Anyways today (a week later) I picked it up to check it again and it was completely flooded out, I checked the carb and was leaking down, so i got it to hold pressure steady for ten minutes at 10psi and it had not moved so that sounded fine with me. I am stumped because it still seems to not want to run, no matter what I do it will pop and run and spit and sputter but it will not clear out at all. I blew everything out with the blow gun to get the jug un flooded but it will not clear out. Anyone with any ideas is appreciated. This i one of the only times I am completely stumped. Carb doesn't leak down, good compression, plenty of spark, and I can't get it to run.

well it is enough for it to run, so it's more decent than good, but it ran very well before it flooded out which made me believe that it would not be compression related. With 125 it should run.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back