Stihl HS 242 fit my 029?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dilyb

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking for a gas hedger and found a used Stihl HS 242 ... will it fit on my 029 Farm boss? Plus, any recommendations on gas hedgers? If seen the chainsaw type and the weed wacker pole type ... I don't need the reach extension of the pole type but wondering which has a better maintenance record/durability/resale?Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 9.15.53 AM.png

I've run my ht242 on my 026 and it was way overkill. If you can get the sprocket to fit, you can probably run it, but it would be way heavy and probably not a good setup. I found my 026 &024's to heavy on a long 80 foot hedge that you must cut above your head. The Stihl hs81 is so much lighter, smoother, and cuts much better for my use. I never use my ht242 anymore. I have to get around to selling it.

Thanks for the reply ... I agree that the 029 is heavy ... I also have an 020T which is a lot lighter ... would it fit on that? Does Stihl have a list somewhere of what saws this will work on?

Actually, I just got through to Stihl customer service and this won't work on either my 020T or my 029 ... quote "it won't work on any of those older units" ... thanks anyway

Thanks for the reply ... I agree that the 029 is heavy ... I also have an 020T which is a lot lighter ... would it fit on that? Does Stihl have a list somewhere of what saws this will work on?

Actually, I just got through to Stihl customer service and this won't work on either my 020T or my 029 ... quote "it won't work on any of those older units" ... thanks anyway
I work on 020T's

Latest posts

Back