Stihl HS 246 hedge trimmer attachment?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigWill1985

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My business partner has told me about this attachment, and it got me looking. We get jobs every once in a blue moon, and I figured this might be a decent option for us. After looking around online, I found that they are incredibly rare. Just don't see them here in the US. I did finally come up with one on eBay, listed for $250. I looked around further, and found them for sale online for in excess of $300. I figure it's worth around $150.

What do you guys think? Anyone ever used one? It would only be used a few times per year, just enough to keep us from losing the customers that need this done. Think it would be worth buying?

~Will Courtier~

I have a hs242 hedge trimmer attachment and I've use it a bit last year. I used my MM 026 for which it was way overkill so I put it on an 024 which still has way more (about 3X) power needed than needed for a trimmer. It ends up being about 2-3 lbs heavier than a conventional trimmer, however unlike a regular trimmer, it doesn't stall at all at any size branch you can put in it. It will give you a good upper body workout but it's also about the baddest azz trimmer your likely to hold in your hands. For occasional use or as a backup for a lighter trimmer it is perfect.

i have an 015 with the 151 trimmer attachment. A little lighter and smaller than what you are considering, but you will never cut the cord on it!

Stihl015006.jpg

Latest posts

Back