Stihl ID please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
little possum

little possum

Crash and Burn
064 for sure!:clap:

Finally someone that gets their saws like I do..........Left out in the weather for dead after they seized them and then fell a tree on them......:hmm3grin2orange:

No wonder I always need four of them to make one!:dizzy:

You mean there is another way to get saws? :)

Now I just need the other 3 to go with it. lol

But I think this one may have had the tree damage first, then rust seize from exposure :cry:

drill.daddy

drill.daddy

ArboristSite Operative
drink bout 6 then get on ebay and buy the parts you need . the beer will make your bank account look bigger so u wont squelch on the parts you need. lil possum what all parts do you need for your project.

adkranger

adkranger

Addicted to ArboristSite
I concur with the masses, 064. Looks similar to the one I've got torn apart on my bench right now. waiting on a few pieces/parts myself.......and some time to get back at it. Mine was left for dead in a pile of other stuff, but not quite that rough. Good luck.:cheers:

adkranger

adkranger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Is there any parts interchangability in between the 064/066/660?

I'd like to know this too... I need a replace a cracked top handle and am hoping the 066/660 mount is the same so I can get one of those fancy Montana made wraps in that other thread. The IPL(s) suggest they are the same, can anyone confirm?

little possum

little possum

Crash and Burn
drink bout 6 then get on ebay and buy the parts you need . the beer will make your bank account look bigger so u wont squelch on the parts you need. lil possum what all parts do you need for your project.
Plastics- top cover, air filter cover, shroud around the carb body. For sure
A carb probably, the top of this one is gone and exposed to outside for IDK how long.
Most likely bearings/seals.
Not sure on the cylinder, but piston isnt looking too good.
Muffler, flywheel, recoil.
LOL thats bout it. So pretty much a parts saw with a bad p/c would be great.

I'd like to know this too... I need a replace a cracked top handle and am hoping the 066/660 mount is the same so I can get one of those fancy Montana made wraps in that other thread. The IPL(s) suggest they are the same, can anyone confirm?
I cant check on my IPLs right now

Maybe somebody with some knowledge will swing by. Those Montana wraps sure look great

drill.daddy

drill.daddy

ArboristSite Operative
i got some of those parts . let me get back home and i will look round and see hwat i scrounge up for you . i know i have a cylinder, dunno of condition , but its there,

most parts from 064 and 066 will interchange, i know ive swapped tanks and handlebars, never a cylinder , ignition is interchangeable , recoil, spark plug , starter rope, lol ,,, just kidding , but most are interchangeable

Latest posts