stihl Klassic cutter design

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrycutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have used the RSC and also the L grind type. What makes the Klassic different from the rest. Stihl says its for felling and bucking big timber and has better chip flow. Does anyone know why?

I too feel that the square ground chain outcuts anything I have tried. My prob. is sharpening the darn stuff correctly. The only reason I run skip chain is for less filing. :chainsaw:

I too feel that the square ground chain outcuts anything I have tried. My prob. is sharpening the darn stuff correctly. The only reason I run skip chain is for less filing. :chainsaw:

I tinker with square ground chain, but it feels like I wast to much time filing it in the field that my work chain is round-filed.

Just for the point of discussion, my $0.02 cents worth are that skip or full comp chain will take the same amount of time to sharpen, both according to how much work they do for me.

Unless I rock a chain out or hit some dirt, I think a chain cuts by each cutter.

My analogy...

If a knife can cut 1 pound of fiber before it falls flat dead dull, 10 could cut 10 pounds and 20 - 20 .

I simply don't enjoy cutting with anything but square (although I do get out some semi chisel for dirty stuff).

My world changed when I bought a ProSharp 4 or 5 years ago. I could never go back....

Last edited:
Back