Stihl ms 440 with accessories For Sale or Trade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanManofStihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Ms 440 for sale or trade firewood is slow this year so I figure I will try acouple of different saws so I am looking to sell or trade this saw in. I am not looking to trade for any thing in particular. This saw runs great and looks good it has one small crack on the filter housing but no where else. I am also throwing in some extra stuff with the saw I have 2 pints of mobil one oil, a pack of stihl files and 5 extra stihl 24 inch chains 3/8s pitch 50 ga 84 drivers. Pm me with offers if interested. Thanks

Is it still for sale, and does it come wit a bar?
Thanks,
Andy1234

NICE SAW!
Would love to have that as a BACK-UP saw!
Nicer lookin' than mine, hope ya' sell it soon!:clap:

The mention of a 044 or MS440 seems to garner a lot of attention on here, even if the ad is 3 years old. I am happy with the 6 that I have and won`t have to look for any more for a few years, seems like they would be easy to sell though.
Pioneerguy600

Just out of interest the air filter cover on the original photos appears to be in 2 parts. Was that standard on a 440 MAG?

Reason I'm asking is that I've just aquired a 2006 UK spec 440 and the filter cover is one part like on a 460. The air filter on my machine is mesh type, but in 2 parts and I'm looking to upgrade to the HD style.

The IPL I have says the one piece cover (1128 140 1909) is for an MS440, MS440 MAG & MS440 MAG Wrap. Then when you look at the cover as shown in the pics here (1128 140 1003) it also says it is for the 440, 440M & 440M W. All a bit confusing.

Hope I don't have to change the entire filter assembly.

Yes and the 1pc. filter/cover you have is an option also, I prefer the HD setup myself.

Thanks, so to change to the HD filter you need to have the 2 pce cover or will it fit under the 1 pcs cover?

If we are looking at the same IPL, on page "K Shroud, Air Filter" you will need:

15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22. Unless you have a good hook up for parts, that is over $100. If you were wanting to try that setup, I'd start looking for a cheap parts saw 440. That way you get the HD filter setup and have some more extra parts if needed.

Yes, same list....and I'd need 23 itself.

If I add the big dogs, long clutch cover and all the other stuff it's gonna be a LOT. Trouble is any parts saw on ebay over here would be UK spec.

Maybe I'll just do the muffler. DP cover from the 460 the maybe muffler casing 1128 140 0607 (the AUS / NZ one). What do you guys use? The one that's on it has a lot of restrictive gubbins inside.

If you got the cat muffler it has got to go! Here is an aftermarket standard complete muffler from baileys, with the DP front cover. It may be cheaper than your dealer but remember it is aftermarket:http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=QA+11281+400616&catID=389

Just call before ya order and make sure it is a bolt on for your 440, I'm not sure if the 460 rear half with bolt on without any mods to a 440 cylinder, might need a spacer.

No it's not the cat muffler. I have a 460, so tomorrow I'll check to see it the full 460 muffler will fit the 440, but I don't think it will.

Otherwise I'll order either 1128 140 0607 (AUS/NZ) or 1128 140 0604 (US/CDN) which is a full muffler for the 440 and ditch the cover and put the 460 DP on which we know fits.

The saw's like new, so it's worth spending a little bit on it

Latest posts

Back