stihl ms 460 brake handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boutselis

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
could some one give me the part number for a ms460 brake handle and also tell me if I could fit it on an ms660 the other way around.

I have a feeling the answer is no because I think the 660 is a wider saw but just want to make sure before I try scavanging for parts.

thanks

ms 460 brake handle: 1128 790 9152
ms 660 brake handle: 1122 790 9101

thanks. So logic says that a 660 handle won't fir a 460. is there ever a case where the part number is that different but the two parts are almost identical?

Two Different Handles

I can assure you that the MS460 chain brake handle will not work on an MS660 and vice versa. Stihl has made a different chain brake handle for just about every model that they sell. I'm sure they have their reasons for doing this. Width of saw and size of engine are part of it, but different models with almost the same size engine usually have a diferent handle also. :dizzy:

I can assure you that the MS460 chain brake handle will not work on an MS660 and vice versa. Stihl has made a different chain brake handle for just about every model that they sell. I'm sure they have their reasons for doing this. Width of saw and size of engine are part of it, but different models with almost the same size engine usually have a diferent handle also. :dizzy:

Ok that narrows my options down. I talked to some one who had a 660 handle that was in rough shape but was cracked and not broken. I repaired a friends ms290 handle with aluminum and pop rivits and was going to do the same for him for his 460 but we have no handle. This 660 handle was only going to be $5 but if it won't work it won't work.

thanks for the help

$5 Repair?

Ok that narrows my options down. I talked to some one who had a 660 handle that was in rough shape but was cracked and not broken. I repaired a friends ms290 handle with aluminum and pop rivits and was going to do the same for him for his 460 but we have no handle. This 660 handle was only going to be $5 but if it won't work it won't work.

thanks for the help
I've never heard of a Stihl chain break handle that was "going to be $5". Did you leave out a zero after the 5? Pease advise.

Repairing broken Stihl plastic chain brake handles with aluminum and pop rivets will likely never work.

I've never heard of a Stihl chain break handle that was "going to be $5". Did you leave out a zero after the 5? Pease advise.

Repairing broken Stihl plastic chain brake handles with aluminum and pop rivets will likely never work.

The handle has a big crack in it and is chewed up literally. he says his dog was in the garage and chewed on it so its pretty rough. and I know him. we sell each other parts cheap some times

hence the price.

I repaired a 290 brake handle with aluminum and pop rivits and it is still working. its been at least 2 years. It has been used a few times since then. not sure how many times the brake has actually been used.

But none of that matters as it will not fit.

Latest posts

Back