• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS 880 coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamsII

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for a three bolt coil for my MS 880. Specifically either 1124 400 1301 or 1124 400 1309. The 1309 is preferred but either would be acceptable.

thanks

Looks like Dukes has an AM 1301 on ebay.
I saw that, but it’s a two bolt model. The early 880 and all 088’s had a three bolt ignition module. Stihl did a redesigned to the 880 in which they changed the coil and flywheel. When the did this they also redesigned the crankcase to for the new flywheel and coil. So, I’ve got to find the three bolt coil (which for the 880 has the same part number to really confuse things)... I’ve purchased three online from all over the world in the last month. One was a scam, one canceled the order after accepting payment, and the last is in a European ebay like site and I can’t get the guy to provide payment details so I can get it paid for. Lastly I found the one on this site and I can’t get the guy to respond even though I can see he’s been active since I messaged him... I feel like I’m hunting a unicorn!

Hehe. My mind isn’t exactly a steel trap. First I send you a link to your own query, then decide to go ebay shopping for you, as if you wouldn’t have tried that. Then I forget that I have an extra case with all the goodies. The good news is I do have an extra 3 bolt coil!

It’s a 1301 in unknown condition. PM me if you want it.

0C99E16F-EDC6-421D-9287-D66C0F2034C5.jpeg

Back