stihl ms192t questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imagineero

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have bought a 192t cheap off ebay in aus in pieces with a crack in the oil tank. Please don't ask how much it cost as a non running 192t in aus costs about as much as a brand new 200t ;-)

Thanks to the help of some good people who supplied me with the IPL and manual I have got it back together and running quite nicely. I also got for $1 the shell of an 019. For those not familiar with the two saws, it didn't work out. The 192 tanks have the modern style snap caps and are integrated into the entire case of the saw which would likely cost me $$$ from a dealer unless i could find a donor saw which would cost $$$ anyway. The 019 is entirely different, having the tanks separate from the case and the older style screw caps.

The crack in the tank is near the filler. The seller has had a go at chopping and gluing with no success; too much pressure from the snap caps. I have chopped the screw cap section off one of the 019 tanks and chopped the face off the 192 case and will be cleaning cleaning cleaning then sanding and gluing them together to end up with the original tank with a screw style cap. The 019 tank had a compatible fitting for the oil pump but no capacity for a valve. I think this saw will be quite suitable for my needs in the end, I estimate using it maybe 10 times a year at most and dont mind being careful with it. Tree felling/pruning is a side business for me, something i do occasionally for clients when doing building projects for them. I only do felling, but occasionally its a bit tricky and i need to get up in the tree. I don't mind babying the saw and it's a second saw to my 044.

My question is about the oil delivery mechanism and the valve... I haven't yet understood exactly how oil is delivered to the bar. In drawing C attached, I'm guessing part 1 is the oil pump, and the pickup hose is attached to the inlet at the bottom side of the pump. but what does part 2 do? It seems to just block off the pump... what does it do?

I'm guessing that oil is delivered to the bar via part 5 in drawing B, the valve which is open to the tank. At least this is how it seems to be. which has be guessing that the oil pump doesnt actually suck oil in at all.... it pressurizes the tank forcing the oil out of the valve? This doesnt really make any sense though, as why would you have a pickup filter in that case?

Would really appreciate any help in trying to understand the way the bar oil delivery works.

Thanks,
Shaun

if you look at the second schematic (part #1, and #2) is the end of the delivery system. Part #1 connects to the crankshaft (this is actually the Mechanical oil pump) and part #2 is a little rubber hose that connects to the plastic housing with a groove in it for lubricating the chain. There is another hose that picks up oil from the tank and it goes from the tank to Part #1.

Now on the other page Part #5 i believe is a pressure valve for the oil tank it doesnt really have anything to do with the delivery, it just help regulate pressure. Part #6 and #7 are the hose and oil pick-up. So all things considered it appears to be just a mechanical pump with a pressure relief valve for safety.

Ref #1 Part# 1137 640 3202 Oil Pump
Ref #2 Part# 1137 647 5701 Connector
Ref #5 Part# 1128 640 9100 Valve
Ref #6 Part# 1129 647 9400 Hose
Ref #7 Part# 1123 640 3800 Pickup body

Hope this helps, not sure if its going to match up exactly seeing how im in the states and your an aussie.

Thanks Threadbare,
That clears things up a bit. I didn't realise the rubber hose section was the delivery system, I thought it was just a stopper and would be removed for testing or whatever.

Does that mean the valve is just a breather? I had been guessing that the pump pressurised the teank somehow and the oil was pushed out the valve ;-) Seemed like it was a bit too overengineered to just be a breather, but i guess it makes sense.

Thanks again,
Shaun

Latest posts

Back