• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl MS200T, 14" bar, $300

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went through all my 020t/200t saws this winter. This one had the spark plug blow out. I had a machinist buddy put in a helicoil. I plugged the accelerator pump on the carb and put a kit in it. New base gasket, air filter, fuel filter, carb kit and some other small pieces. It starts, idles and runs well. 14" stihl bar. It cuts strong. Has scratches and scrapes all over from use. Clutch cover is a little beat up. $300 plus shipping.

cfsr.jpg

gov9.jpg

69wt.jpg

2nz9.jpg

9wzp.jpg

jh8t.jpg

Is it common for the spark plugs to blow out on these? Will this saw have spark plug replacement issues in the future since it has a helicoil? Do these last? Thanks

Is it common for the spark plugs to blow out on these? Will this saw have spark plug replacement issues in the future since it has a helicoil? Do these last? Thanks

If a Helicoil is installed properly, which I am sure it is as Andy's quite reputable, the repair is actually stronger than the original cylinder casting.

The Helicoil creates steel threads for the spark plug to bite into.

Helicoil repair kits are used for spark plug thread repair in all types of engines and are a good, reliable, trustworthy repair.

Latest posts

Back