Stihl ms361 crankcase tube

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Amato

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a ms361 there is a hose off the crank and I can’t remember where the other end attached,??? Any help??

Ok I didn’t see one just fuel line but will look thank you very much

It goes up to the intake boot
To add, with a flashlight look from the clutch side of the saw down the backside of the cylinder. Look left where the intake boot is and find the nipple for the hose to connect on the housing, not on the boot itself.

Ok I didn’t see one just fuel line but will look thank you very much
After looking at the carburetor I can only find one spot for fuel intake. Where will the impulse line connect?

Attachments

• A3913917-6FE3-452A-BA8B-C9EFAF124441.png
    A3913917-6FE3-452A-BA8B-C9EFAF124441.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
To add, with a flashlight look from the clutch side of the saw down the backside of the cylinder. Look left where the intake boot is and find the nipple for the hose to connect on the housing, not on the boot itself.
Ok I’ll look thank you

Mine pulled off a time or two, seems like the 361 has rather soft anti-vibe mounts and unless you use a fairly new impulse hose they tend to pull off..
Thank you for the reply
I had taken it apart a month or so to do crank seals. When I went to put it back together I couldn’t remember where it went. All set now thanks to everyone on this forum.

Back