Stihl MS362 adjustable chain oiler question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephous

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was trying out my MS362 for the first time today. The chain seemed dry, so I first took off the bar to ensure that oil was coming out and that it was clogged. Oil was coming out, so I put the bar back on and ran it some more, but the chain was still too dry. I flipped the saw over and turned the adjustable screw clockwise. I figured it would turn maybe 180 degrees (this is my first saw with an adjustable oiler) but the screw just keeps turning. There must be a finite amount of adjustment, right? The chain is getting more oil now, but I'd like to know exactly how to adjust this thing and I have not been able to come up with any internet help...yet :smile2:.

The oil adjustment srew on this saw will only operate about 90 degrees or from minimum to max about 1/4 turn.

This is true, counter clockwise 1/4 turn. They should come set up right in the middle. Shouldn't need more unless your using a bar bigger than 20 inch.

Latest posts

Back