STIHL MS362 double felling dogs /spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMcf

ArboristSite Lurker
Like the dual dawgs on the 441, least keeps the muffler and saw from beating on the wood when sawing.

I've just bought a MS311(is not as good a saw as my old magnum but a really good end of financial year sale and a 40% instant tax write off for me) as a lighter firewood saw to back up my 038Magnum, I've had to put out two small fires in the first three hours of use due to the muffler sitting in bark as the standard dogs are shite and too small.

Looking for a bigger dog asap, the chain cover is cheap plastic without holes so can't fit an extra dog but one good inner one should be sufficient.

edit: do most stihl dogs fit all stihl saws?

fearofpavement

fearofpavement

Trying them all
I've just bought a MS311(is not as good a saw as my old magnum but a really good end of financial year sale and a 40% instant tax write off for me) as a lighter firewood saw to back up my 038Magnum, I've had to put out two small fires in the first three hours of use due to the muffler sitting in bark as the standard dogs are shite and too small.

Looking for a bigger dog asap, the chain cover is cheap plastic without holes so can't fit an extra dog but one good inner one should be sufficient.

edit: do most stihl dogs fit all stihl saws?
No, most dogs do not fit most saws. They tend to be model specific with some crossover.

treesmith

treesmith

tree hugger/cutter
Fitted the small double dogs and roller on my 261, same size as original small stamped dog but the two makes for a more secure cut when dogged in, handy when chogging down stems, felling or just bucking