Stihl ms362 / ms362c Ignition Module

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's actually a decent looking saw. Before you go to far, you can buy and replace the spark plug lead and boot fairly cheap. It's actually fairly rare to have a bad ignition coil on that saw.

It's actually a decent looking saw. Before you go to far, you can buy and replace the spark plug lead and boot fairly cheap. It's actually fairly rare to have a bad ignition coil on that saw.
its not a stihl oem module. which means I wonder if the orig owner was having the same throughts I did trying to save $$ and get an el cheapo. like a generic off a 361 (non c). which explains why no worky prob. I can't find a 361c generic just 361 generic..I think he just gave up..i think his loss MIGHT be my gain if thats all thats wrong with it...

It's disgustinly sick, but I was thinking about spray-painting it in gold, sharknado style.

You can " test " it and see if it is working at all with one of these

TGBGVD.jpg

You can " test " it and see if it is working at all with one of these

TGBGVD.jpg
true, but if the 361c is anything like the 362c (when I was erroniously checking suppliers), the 361c is the same thing. And the module that was in there, the numbers printed on it, none of them can I google. It's some no name module. But the shape looks just like the 361 generics I've seen going for $10 on ebay. I could test it, but I really think this guy just put wrong part it and gave up on it. Even if the module tested good, it would not be designed to work with this particular c-tronic unit me thinks. However weird modulation it does for the capacitiance/spark delivery.

The numbers you posted are for a 362 ignition module. My suggestion is to find someone local with a known to be working module and make sure that is the issue. where on earth are you?

Back