Stihl MS400 C-M Full wrap handle??? Where do I find one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl dude

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
First post here :D

I was worndering if anyone knew if they do make a full wrap around handle for a STIHL MS 400 C-M and were can I find one ??

Or if there is another handle from another stihl model that is compatible with this one

Cheers

The wrap handle kit includes the larger clutch cover, different AV springs, different plastic inside the clutch cover, and dual dogs. The dogs are still kinda crappy on thick bark trees, so that still needs an upgrade IMO.

Like already said, it's the same as the 362. Stihl part# is 1140-007-1012. Price is in the $250 range IIRC.

Everything that comes in the kit:
20220305_160100.jpg

Mine now:
20220305_171825.jpg

First post here :D

I was worndering if anyone knew if they do make a full wrap around handle for a STIHL MS 400 C-M and were can I find one ??

Or if there is another handle from another stihl model that is compatible with this one

Cheers

There is a lot of interest in this upgrade. I bet Stihl is going to offer this upgrade within the next year. Should be less then a hundred more to buy a 400R vs a 400c. Personally I got along just fine with my 461 that had only a 1/2 wrap. My 500i came with a 3/4 wrap, so I'll know soon enough if this is something useful to me. I did seek out the 3/4 wrap on the 500i, and it is a better felling saw then the 400c

Back