• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl MS460 cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been on the hunt for awhile now too. I bought an entire running 460 just for the P&C. In the end I could not bring myself to massacre the good running 460 so I ended up buying another 460 that ran well but really needed an oiler, clutch cover, B&C, and tank. Took the P&C off that one.

I'm just sympathizing with the frustration of finding a used 46 cylinder. Just plain hard to come by. Have to buy entire to saws to get them apparently. Or go with a Meteor. I have one of those on the way too.

I certainly know what you mean. I may end up using the original cylinder as I have been working on it some. It had one place In the bore that I was concerned about but after taking a closer look, I believe it will be fine. I have a new Meteor piston for it when I get ready to reassemble.

Are the 460’s just so dead reliable they hardly break down?

I cleaned up many cylinders, unless it has deep gouges run it .

Thank you for the feedback. I believe it will be just fine.

I have been out of commission for the past week and a half with the flu. I hope to get back to work on the project real soon.

I found one that I cleaned up for a future project. It has a very slight scratch above the exhaust port it doesn't go all the way to the top . I wouldn't be afraid to use.

Latest posts

Back