• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS661CR

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueberrymuzik

Lesser Known AS Member
Reaction score
It's funny sometimes how things happen. Two years ago, a new-to-the-farm neighbor bought a brand new MS661C. What a beautiful saw. He cut down two trees, and decided that he hated sawing wood, and put it away in his garage. I have tried for two years to buy that saw, but he always resisted.

Last week, I finally bought a MS661CR. It was built in May 2016 and was never sold retail, but was placed by Stihl with a logging company for a two month data recording test, then pulled back in for data extraction. Then, it was sold off as a used saw. It is in excellent condition with only a couple months of use.

Five days after I bought it, my neighbor decided to sell his saw. I couldn’t help it, I had to buy it too. There isn’t a scratch or scrape on it. The only sign that it has ever been started is a slight discoloration of the paint near the muffler exhaust. Other than that, it looks like it just came out of the box.

I can’t keep both, so what to do? After much thought, I have decided to keep the 2-year old saw and sell the newer one.

So, I’m selling the MS661CR. It has the ¾ wrap handle and west coast clutch cover. Also has the oversize felling dogs and roller chain catcher. Compression checks at 165# on my gauge. It starts very easy (usually on the second pull) and runs perfectly with a very smooth idle.The piston is in beautiful condition.

I’m asking $900 for the PHO. I will split the cost of shipping with anyone in the CONUS.

Attachments

• IMG_2017.JPG
    IMG_2017.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2019.JPG
    IMG_2019.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2021.JPG
    IMG_2021.JPG
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2024.JPG
    IMG_2024.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2036.JPG
    IMG_2036.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2039.JPG
    IMG_2039.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2042.JPG
    IMG_2042.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2046.JPG
    IMG_2046.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2062.JPG
    IMG_2062.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2012.JPG
    IMG_2012.JPG
    812.7 KB · Views: 82
If someone would prefer to buy this saw with the standard handle and clutch cover, I will switch the handles and clutch covers, so you will be getting the newest saw set up as the standard version.

I picked it up, goodness CAD has set in. Seller was very easy to work with and as soon as I purchased sent me a FedEx tracking number! I'm pretty stoked.

I hope the 661 shines over the 660, and while I haven't had my 660 long I really like it.
Truth be told I don't need a 90cc saw much less 2, ha.
You need two twice as much as I need three! This month is sposed to bring my six foot dual PH bar. 183 cc will be enough and no place to hang another! Saw safe and enjoy.

Back