Stihl peavy with log stand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toasty

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone use the log stand with the stihl peavy or cant hook? I don't understand why there is a large spike on the log stand, because it causes the log to roll off or become unstable while cutting with chainsaw. Is this a problem with the log rite peavy and log jack?

Thanks for the info. I think it'd work better without the one inch spike on the log stand. I might just use the peavy without the log stand.

That must be something new . I have the Stihl cant hook with log stand and there is no spike on mine . Mine is about 4 or 5 years old .

If you guys have time, could you share pictures of your respective tools. My Peavey Cant hook is not a stand, rather just a Cant hook, without spike, that I use for rolling logs too big for my size 11 Carolina boot roller.

Lumber%2520men.JPG

Last edited:
Anyone use the log stand with the stihl peavy or cant hook? I don't understand why there is a large spike on the log stand, because it causes the log to roll off or become unstable while cutting with chainsaw. Is this a problem with the log rite peavy and log jack?

I have the logrite, which is the same, and if you are referring to the little triangle on the log stand, it is there to keep the log from rolling off the end when you deck your handle.

Thanks for the replies. I'm having trouble trying to post pictures. Frustrating I can't just post a pic here.

Back