Stihl pressure test adapters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlotL1keVegas

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was looking to either buy, or make my own block off plates for my stihl saws. I was browsing online, and have seen a crap load of different block off plates. Is there a specific part number plate, that will generally fit most chainsaws? Or are these plates model specific?
I was hoping to pick up a couple, that would cover most of my saws.
009, ms193t, ms193ce, ms200t, ms290, ms461, 088.
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to which block off plate or plates I would need?
Or am I better off, just making my own?
The reason I ask, is because I came across this genuine stihl kit on ebay, that comes with 2 plates, and it says its for "all saws". Would these be the 2 block off plates to get?
Edit - I just realized that stihl kit has 3 or 4 block off plates in it.
Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230623-182038_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230623-182038_Chrome.jpg
    714.9 KB · Views: 0
Find an old truck inner tube (most any tire shop will give them away) & just cut a patch out to sandwich between cylinder & carb/exhaust. You can punch holes for the bolts or just cut around them (spent bullet cases make good punches).
For occasions where it's not practical to have the carb/exhaust in place I have a length of aluminium bar stock I cut a section off & drill a couple of holes in to clamp over the inner tube. This generally requires the use of shorter bolts

Back