STIHL Progressive Depth Gauge Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
Philbert joins the club!!!

I may have instigated some of the interest in these tools, and in this thread, but did not have any until a few moments ago. 'Thank You!' to@AlfA01 for taking the trouble to send them to me.

Problem is that they are so pretty, I want another set to actually use!

IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4123.jpg

BTW: Here is a link to a more general thread that I started just on depth gauge tools:
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/depth-gauge-tools-for-saw-chain.279374/

Philbert

KarlD

KarlD

ArboristSite Guru
Round two is open guys. Please post on here what you want and send me a pm as well; duplicate info is useful. I’ll give it 14 days from now for people to show interest and send me a PayPal payment and then I’ll order them :chainsaw:

JW51

ArboristSite Operative
Round two is open guys. Please post on here what you want and send me a pm as well; duplicate info is useful. I’ll give it 14 days from now for people to show interest and send me a PayPal payment and then I’ll order them :chainsaw:

Count me in for a 3/8.

Anyone had a chance to cut with a chain that’s had rakers set with these? Am I right in assuming they are a life-changing improvement?

singinwoodwackr
One observation:. These allow filing rakers exactly as the fops...but... easier to handle, imo.
I did discover that the LP gauge would not work on a friend's Homlite saw with crazy anti-kick links.
I had to use an old style raker guide for that chain.
I usually grind all the AKB crap off but it wasn't my saw :p

KarlD

KarlD

ArboristSite Guru
Hello guys

The gauges are still £4.50 each.

The padded envelope is £0.50.

Postage options are as follows: -

1) Tracked & signed for airmail £9.50
2) Airmail £5.00

Airmail is 5-7 days apparently but it mostly took considerably longer with the last batch.

I will ship when full payment has cleared. PayPal has proven to be the only way that works so far, so please figure out what you want, send payment to [email protected] and I will order the gauges and forward them on. I’ll give it 7 days for people to send payment and then I will order the gauges. If you miss the 7 day deadline don’t worry, I can do a round 3 etc.

I hope that all makes sense, and questions fire away :sweet:

KarlD

KarlD

ArboristSite Guru
Oh and remember it is British pounds (£) and not Euros (€)...PayPal has a built in converter so it should be easy enough to send the right amount