Stihl ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm not into old Stihls. My old saw guy has this in his $20 pile. The handle is cracked and has a little strap screwed on to hold it together. Other than that it looks pretty complete with 2 dogs and a bar. It was dark in the garage and my cell was so low the flashlight wouldn't come on. I couldn't see any ID on it. Does anyone recognize it? When I go back does the serial tag have any ID on it?
xBmccAE.jpg

8HLzltB.jpg

its an oldie but worth 20. if nothing else a shelf piece
Yeah that side badge is worth almost 50 alone now.

Edit: with the exception of that front oil tank top, looks like my 041, so the 051 seems plausible. Would be in the 1960s range.

I'm not into old Stihls. My old saw guy has this in his $20 pile. The handle is cracked and has a little strap screwed on to hold it together. Other than that it looks pretty complete with 2 dogs and a bar. It was dark in the garage and my cell was so low the flashlight wouldn't come on. I couldn't see any ID on it. Does anyone recognize it? When I go back does the serial tag have any ID on it?
xBmccAE.jpg

8HLzltB.jpg
Hold da phone guys, this is an 075, you can see the manual override oiler button on the oil tank. 111cc's of awesome right there! Definitely worth the $20, I paid 200 for my 075 that needs a new top end, but it is a little cleaner.

Yeah 075, I missed that plunger in the shadows. Worth it for parts.

Attachments

• 075 2.jpg
    075 2.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 075 1.jpg
    075 1.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 13
Well, if I get it that will be 3 saws 100CC and up he's let me have. I've bought 17 total from him. He might have 5 left that I want. I think he has a Wright B520, 115 CC's, but I don't want to get into blade saws. All of the saws I've got from him have been over 70CC's except a little blue Homelite EZ.

Well, if I get it that will be 3 saws 100CC and up he's let me have. I've bought 17 total from him. He might have 5 left that I want. I think he has a Wright B520, 115 CC's, but I don't want to get into blade saws. All of the saws I've got from him have been over 70CC's except a little blue Homelite EZ.

Get the 075. If internals are good it's a gold mine of parts, silver mine if not.

Several of the saws he sold me fired on a prime. The first saw I got from him was a Homelite Super 1050 with full wrap, and it fired. Month or so back I got a Pioneer700 and it has good spark, but only 60-70 PSI. I hope to get by his place one more time before Christmas.

Back