Stinkbugs in my wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philoshop

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm burning a bunch of sugar maple this year. One of the nicest things about the maple is that every split has some kindling attached that just needs to be broken off. The bad thing is that stinkbugs get under those pieces that you can break off to put in the bucket.
I don't know what they do to create the smell, but it's not fun to squash one when going for a split to put into the stove. My house stinks right now just because the wood I brought in is warming up and the bugs are becoming active.
Not a question, just a comment.

I was concerned about them this year so I had the house n garage sprayed this year...didn't see many. Seems like the bastards come n go as they please from one area to the next!!

Last year for me it was wasps in the woodpile, brought 18 in the house from a little less then 2 cord. Queen wasps, huge, but very slow and dozy and easily swatted, thankfully. This year so far it's just the one wasp and lots of garden spiders.

Don't squash 'em no matter what.
Gently pick them up with a piece of toilet paper and immediately put them into the stove or the toilet and get rid of them.

My stove was full of them at the end of the summer.
I kept hearing them rattle down my chimney and stove pipe. The MAPP gas torch took care of them.

I have always loved all kinds of insects. If psychologists included abusing insects as a sign of a deeply disturbed nutjob, no one would come close to my pathology in this field.

Stinkbugs are absolutely the best creatures on earth to drop into a thick glass jar of gasoline or bleach. They simply love the stuff. Nothing on earth compares with drowning them slowly with several thousand of their comrades all swishing around, grasping for traction on the slippery see-through sides in their precious coffins of deadly poison. O, the pleasure watching them die all magnified in extended, agonizing swirls of gasping torture.

Yup...that's what I was thinking of. Thanks

Love the Johnny Dangerously reference! One of my favorite movies!
Me too. You Fargin Icehole. You miserable cork soaker. Dirty son a ma batches. My favorite line: Johnny's Mom - "Ah, an ashtray. I've been thinking of taking up smoking, and this clinches it."

Me too. You Fargin Icehole. You miserable cork soaker. Dirty son a ma batches. My favorite line: Johnny's Mom - "Ah, an ashtray. I've been thinking of taking up smoking, and this clinches it."

They made it for him special...it's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools...

Hello, I'm Doctor Zillman, and I'm here to talk to you about...your testes.

Latest posts

Back